Ch.17 - Who Cares?

Começar do início

    When Hux was over he said something to you that you couldn't stop thinking about. He told you that he wanted you to do something for him. When you asked what it was, Hux said: "I want Kylo to trust you. I want him to think you're on his side, it's the only way that my plan will work."

    He didn't tell you anything else about 'his plan' and you weren't sure if you even wanted to know. You wondered if Kylo trusted you already. The idea of earning his trust only to betray him made you sad. You weren't sure if you had it in you to hurt him like that.

    "You're up early today." You heard Kylo say, interrupting your thoughts. You turned your head to see him making his way out of your bedroom. He had on just a pair of sweatpants. His hair was tousled and his voice was deep and slightly raspy from sleep. You loved seeing him like this but it made your heart sink after thinking about what you were plotting.

    "Couldn't go back to sleep." You told him simply. You stood up, planning to walk to the coffee machine to make him some.

    "Sit down, I got it." Kylo yawned, waving his hand dismissively to stop you from moving any more.

    "My ankle's fine now." You told him with a sigh, sitting back down onto the couch. He had been really babying you ever since it happened. He did everything for you when he was over. It was sweet but you didn't like the growing desire to be dependent on him.

    Kylo didn't respond to that. It wasn't that he didn't want you to heal because he did, the thought of you still being hurt worried him. But he did like taking care of you and he knew once you were fully recovered, he wouldn't have an excuse to hang around your apartment all the time.

    "Busy day today?" You asked him, trying to distract yourself from thinking of your own plans for the day.

    He thought about it. "No, actually. I don't have anything planned." He looked over at you, "What about you? Back to school?"

    "Unfortunately." You said and instinctively start biting your nails in thought.

    "Stop that." Kylo called out to you in a gentle but amused tone, noticing the way you were displaying your nervous habit. He joined you on the couch, mug in hand. "I thought you loved going."

    You glanced at him. Had you told him that before? The answer was no. Kylo just heard you talk about it and saw the way your eyes would light up when doing so and made the assumption himself.

    "I do...usually." You said. You realized then that you'd never told Kylo about how Hux had found the bruises.

    He raised his eyebrows at you, urging you to go on.

    "Um..." You didn't really know where to start. It wasn't easy to say in general but especially since Kylo was involved. "Hux saw my legs. The marks on them."

    Kylo chuckled into his cup of coffee and it was a good thing that the mug was covering up most of his face because you would've been frustrated to see the smug grin that was on his lips. He had a feeling that had happened, considering he told Ushar; 'do whatever you need to do to make sure Hux knows what I did to her'.

    "It's not funny." You told him and the serious tone of your voice made him quiet down. "He saw the marks and he wanted the name of whoever did it ...I panicked." You sighed loudly, "I don't know what I was thinking, I just wanted to make it as believable as possible."

    Kylo frowned, moving the coffee away from his mouth. He could see where this was going.

    "Remember how Hux thought I was going on a trip for one of my classes? Well, I told him the name of someone in that class with me..."You couldn't even look at him, "Like I said, I'm so fucking stupid. I don't know why I did it...Hux killed him, obviously. He was totally innocent and it's all my fault."