odd (hotch's POV)

Depuis le début

I breathe out after my realization. "I've always wanted to get proposed here." Beth says, looking over at me. "Shall we get back to our table?"

We chat before our food comes. "Can I get the wine that I called about earlier?" The server nods and walks away.

"There's this wine I've been dying to try out. I thought we could try it together." I nod while eating. "That sounds lovely."

The server comes back as he puts the wine in the ice bucket. After a couple minutes I pick it up, glancing at the brand. It said, Graci Etna Rosato.

Emily's favorite. She was a big fan of wine and she made me try this.

I pour the wine into both of our glasses. "Cheers to an amazing night so far." We cheers and we finish up. I insist on paying, even though she brought me here.

We walk out and we're in the car. It's only 10:00pm. As I'm having a wonderful night with Beth, I make a suggestion. "You know what, it's a little early. Should we explore? My job keeps me busy and I haven't looked around."

Beth nods and we head off downtown. We end up going bowling.

It's around 12:30am. "Wow, I never knew I could still do that." I say, as we walk to the car. "Last time I went bowling was when I was a teen."

"You know what, I can't believe you beat me. I was on a streak." Beth laughs.

"I bet you were, no one can underestimate me." I objected, as I flex my biceps.

Beth giggles leaning towards me. "Well then. Will this make you weak in the knees if I do this?" She wraps her arms around me and kisses me passionately. I kiss her back. The first kiss of the night.

We pull away. "I'm not ready to go home yet? Should we go eat? I'm starving after you beat me, I'll choose again." She says, smiling.

Beth hops into the driver's seat, after I give her the keys. I look at my phone the entire time, Rossi texting me back about the date.

"How is she?" "Are you getting some loving?" "Have fun, Aaron." "Don't stay out too late."

I look up and we arrived at a diner. Sydney's. Where I told Emily about the offer.

Beth looks over and she sees that I look uneasy. "You okay?" I nod.

We get out and we walk inside. I recognize one of the waitresses. "For two?" She asks. We nod.

"Wait, I'm going to use the bathroom. Don't order yet." Beth says.

I follow the waitress to a booth. The booth where Emily and I last sat. She motions for me to sit down and she puts her hands on the table, leaning on it.  "Where's your other lady friend?" She asks. I look at her confused.

"You know what I'm talking about, hon. Something happened between you two huh?" I look up at her. "I'm just a waitress but I can sense the tension. I'm taking it as you're the one who lost her?"

I nod. "Well this one seems nice." We both hear footsteps and the waitress takes our order. She leaves and the waitress looks at me, shaking her head.