Chapter 8

A new student joined the class. Not exactly a student but AIFA, Autonomous Intelligence Fixed Artillery programmed to kill Koro. But he didn't flinch from the position of a teacher. He fixed her and even added programs that can help her make friends. The class accepted her pretty quickly, and gave her a new name - Ritsu.

Other than that nothing more eventful happened after they came back from their field trip. More like, Y/N avoided discussing about it. Rio knew that something happened that changed her attitude towards Karma, but she didn't press her much to talk about it. Well, okay she did force her a little bit but Y/N said that it wasn't a big deal. And she's wise enough to change her attitude.

After the trip, Y/N didn't exactly avoid Karma. No, it would give away the fact that she knows about him and who he likes. So she acted the way she usually did with him, except now she didn't hope for more.

But well, she acted the same way. Didn't have to do that before.

During lunch, she used to come earlier in class to spend more time with him. Now that was of no use.

"Hey cherry," Karma said sitting on her desk.

"Hey?" Y/N said, "What's up?"

"What's up?" Karma smirked and moved closer to her face, "I don't know, you tell me."

Even if she acted like friends, she couldn't help but feel for him. It's not like her feelings for him would go away instantly. She still blushed when he called her cherry.

Just friends.

Y/N didn't say anything about it . "Move, the teacher is gonna be here."

During the P.E. period, Rio pulled her aside to talk about it in the changing room. It was painful to watch her best friend struggle that way. She couldn't just stand and watch it.

"Seriously Y/N," Rio said, "Talk about it. I know you'll be fine but...you're not your usual self."

Y/N sighed. It would lessen the burden of carrying it all alone. "Okay, but promise me you won't lash out."

Rio said, "I'll think about it."

"No please, I want to handle it on my own. So just..."

"Fine," Rio sighed, "I won't."

"During the trip, I heard something...I mean, I didn't mean to pry but I was passing by the boy's room and I heard Karma say something."

"....that he prefers Okuda?"

Y/N whipped her head towards Rio, eyes wide and asked, "You know about it?"

"Yeah, I talked with the boys. They wanted information about who liked who, and I wanted information in return."

"Wait! Why would you-"

"I said we all preferred Karasuma sensei. It's not a lie," Rio sneered.

Y/N chuckled and shook her head, "Gosh, you really are evil."

"Not as much as Karma though. The girls weren't lying when they said he's a psycho."

"Hey, he's nice once you get to know him."

"...that's what Okuda said too."

Y/N fidgeted and stuttered, ""Well...good for them."

"What? You really won't care if they started dating?"

"Come on you know me. It would bother me but...I won't interfere."

"In other words you would ignore him, right? I don't see you do that to him now."