lover of mine | 22

C H A S E E L L I O T T

"Welcome to our MTV crib." Ryan jokes swinging the door open to Chase and Ryan's vacation home in stunning Costa Rica.

"Do you have to say that every year?" Kayleigh rolled her eyes, swing a bag into Ryan's chest. "Take these up to our room." She deviously smiles and walks away.

"See what I have to deal with?" Ryan comments innocently. Before Jade and I could respond the boys and Mackenzie pushed their way through us while rushing inside. "No running boys!" Ryan calls out.

"They won't listen to you." I laughed, dropping our bags in the foyer. "You're not the strictest parent Ryan," I commented. "Do you have the- you know?"

"Of course I do, I'm your wingman for a reason." He whispered, pulling out the black velvet box containing Jade's ring. "On a scale of one to ten, how mad would you have been if I tried it on?"

"You didn't-"

"Oh, I did." He smirks.

"I'm done with this conversation."

"You'll be back Elliott, they always come back."

I stuffed the small box out of sight in my duffle bag as I walked upstairs. Mackenzie was excitedly running around, in and out of each room as she explored around the villa. I reached Jade and I's room, seeing Jade looking intently out the window. I dropped the bags by the bed, and came up behind her, wrapping her in my arms.

"Whatcha thinking?" I whispered into her ear.

"Cliché as it is, I'm just thinking how lucky I am. I literally have no clue how I deserve all of this-"

"Because of the person you are. You are the most kind-hearted, strongest person I know." I whispered, feeling a smile creep on to her face. We stood there in comfortable silence, looking out the window until an arm wrapped around my leg. I looked down, seeing Mackenzie.

"Can we go to the beach now?"

"Yes, sweetie." I chuckled.

"Let's go get you beach ready." Jade smiles, holding out her hand. Mackenzie happily takes it and they walked across the hall to Mackenzie's room.

| n e x t d a y |

"Ready for today?" Ryan whispers as he scooted by me in the kitchen.

"If I find a perfect moment, then yes." I chuckled, finishing making up a cup of coffee for Jade.

"Just get down on the knee and go for it." Ryan comments. "That's what I did with Kayleigh, she never suspected a thing."

"What didn't I expect?" Kayleigh asked entering the kitchen.

"Nothing." We both said simultaneously.

"You both have been acting weird, what's going on?"

"That information is for Clyde and I to know and for you to find out," Ryan replies as Kayleigh eyed us both suspiciously.

"Good morning everybody." Jade smiles walking into the room with Mackenzie trailing behind her.

"Good morning darling." I opened my arm up as Jade's body leaned into mine. I placed a gentle kiss on her temple, sliding the cup of coffee her way. Mackenzie squeezes herself in between Jade and I. "And good morning to you too."

"What's the plan today?"

"Hiking then beach."

| b e a c h |

"Give me the ring," I whispered. Ryan looks up at me with a questioning look. "I'm sorry are you confused or something?"

"Now?" Ryan says, pulling the box out of his pocket.

"What's that-" Kayleigh blurted out but Ryan quickly covered her mouth, before Jade could hear anything. "Wait, you're proposing? That's why you two have been all weird?"

"You could tell?"

"I'm a woman, I can tell and so could Jade."

"Go get em' tiger." Ryan pushes me forward. I stuff the box into my pocket as I nervously walked towards Jade and Mackenzie playing around the shoreline. I silently take a deep breath, getting on one knee as the wave came crashing on to the shore.

"Jade," I said loud enough getting Jade and Mackenzie's attention.

"Chase? What are you doing?" Jade nervously chuckled as Mackenzie jumped up and down may her side.

"Jade, twelve years ago I knew from the second I laid my eyes on you that there was something about you that I needed. We left each other not on the best terms, but we found each other again after all these years and you're still the one for me. You make me happy, you are the kindest human being, you are perfect. Jade, I want to spend the rest of my life with you, build a family with you-." I explained pulling the box out my pocket. "Jade Amelia Wright, will you marry me?"

"Chase-" Jade's voice trails off. My breath hitches in the back of my throat, my whole body was trembling as I awaited her answer. "Chase, of course, I will." She cried, throwing herself into my embrace. "I can't believe it." She cried even more as my hand brushed through my hair.

"I love you so much, Jade."

"I love you too."

@jadewright: Everything I have always wanted ❤️ @chaseelliott

Comments:@kayleighblaney: 🥺💞@allegrabowman: So perfect! 😭🥰@erinbyron: Ahhhh I'm so happy for ya'll! ❤️@emilygragson: Congratulations! ❤️@jordanhamlin: fantastic news! ❤️

Comments:
@kayleighblaney: 🥺💞
@allegrabowman: So perfect! 😭🥰
@erinbyron: Ahhhh I'm so happy for ya'll! ❤️
@emilygragson: Congratulations! ❤️
@jordanhamlin: fantastic news! ❤️

@chaseelliott: The best victory of all ❤️ Future Mrs. Elliott @jadewright

Comments:@ryanblaney10: boy did it!@bubbawallace: Congrats buddy!@williambryon: Erin and I are stoked for you guys!@alexbowman: Leaving me so soon? 😭@hendrickmotorsports: Congratulations Chase and Jade!@nascar: This! Congrats to the happy couple!

Comments:
@ryanblaney10: boy did it!
@bubbawallace: Congrats buddy!
@williambryon: Erin and I are stoked for you guys!
@alexbowman: Leaving me so soon? 😭
@hendrickmotorsports: Congratulations Chase and Jade!
@nascar: This! Congrats to the happy couple!

@nascar: Congratulations to Cup Champ @chaseelliott and @jadewright on their engagement this off week!