𝟒𝟏. 𝐚 𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲 𝐰𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐥𝐞𝐲 𝐜𝐡𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐦𝐚𝐬

Start from the beginning

"Bill and Charlie are back" Fred announced excitedly as he stared out of the crooked window, the three paced downstairs to see two lanky gingers entering the house. One of them was taller than the other with longer red hair and an earring that resembled a fang. He was dressed in a long leather overcoat and black boots that had a thin coat of mud surrounding them. Elle assumed from what the twins had told her that this must be their eldest brother Bill.

The brunette turned to the other brother who seemed chirpier, his hair was pulled back into a bun with strands falling out at the front. He was a lot more muscular than Bill but almost just as tall. The sleeves of his jumper were rolled up revealing viscous looking scars and scratches along with burn marks covering his arms. Elle knew that this must be Charlie.

The two looked at the brunette standing between the twins in surprise which was understanding as they had no idea who she was.
"Where've you're two been"
"Thought you were going to welcome us home in open arms"
"We've been degnoming again" Charlie states and Elle noticed that he seemed to have developed a hint of an accent from living in Romania.

"Just escaping seeing you two as usual" Bill sighed as he poured himself a drink of some amber liquid.
"This is Elle by the way" George nudged Elle in the shoulder as she realised she'd just been standing there silently,
"Yeah I'm the twins friend... it's good to meet you" she smiled politely,
"Nice to meet you too, I'm Charlie and that's Bill...I had no idea these two actually had friends" the dragon taker smiled as he playfully hit Fred in the arm on the way out the room.

"I swear if one more person says that" George frowned,
"What you gonna do Georgie" bill smirked as he followed Charlie out the room,
"I'll .... I'll cut your hair off" George yelled after him and bill scoffed,
"Don't worry mums already planning on it"

Degnoming definitely wasn't Elle's favourite job in the world but she'd agreed to help around around the house with the rest of the family seeing as they'd kindly invited her in for the holidays. The process of getting rid of the gnomes was simple, all you had to do was pick them up by the ankles and spin them round really fast so they'd become disoriented.

After that you'd chuck them onto the neighbouring field as far as you could throw. Fred and George liked to make a competition out if it to see who could throw the furthest however knowing Elle would never win against them, she decided against participating and judged them instead while still getting rid of her own gnomes. In the end Fred was victorious and he strutted back into the burrow proudly to announce it.

✰✰✰

Christmas Eve night was soon upon the family and they all squeezed into the living room some sporting eggnog, others mugs of hot chocolate as they talked to escort her happily.
"So Elle, you're an only child right?" Arthur spoke up and Elle froze for a moment seeing both of the twins looking hesitantly in her direction,
"Yeah I am" Elle smiled hoping that the shock of the question wasn't apparent on her face, she didn't consider this a full lie anyway seeing as Theodore had nothing to do with her.

Charlie told some captivating stories of his work with dragons in Romania. Elle sat in awe as he talked about the different breeds and near death experiences he'd had. Molly promptly left the room muttering about how she'd rather not hear about how her son had almost died.

The night wore on and eventually everyone thought it best to go to bed knowing that they'd be woken early in the morning by Ginny who was beyond excited for Christmas. Elle lay comfortably on her bed on the floor of the twins room and gazed at the moonlight dancing across the ceiling through the small opening of the curtains.

She could tell from the heavy breathing of the twins that they were both asleep however she couldn't bring herself to drift off. This happened frequently as she was always worried that when she fell asleep she would end up having these foul dreams again.
She'd been having the same one for a while now, seeing the dog and snake walking (or slithering) round the grounds keeping close to the whomping willow. Then she would see the marauders map before hearing that piercing wolf howl which would always promptly wake her up.

✰✰✰

Christmas morning had an ere of excitement that Elle had never felt in her home before. The trio were the last to clatter down the stairs as Fred had refused to get out of  bed even though it was Christmas. There were a neat pile of presents under the tree wrapped in paper of reds, golds and greens. Elle clutched tightly to the two presents she had brought for the twins and suddenly wished she'd brought something for Molly and Arthur to in order to thank her for letting her stay.

Elle was surprised when she was given her own gift from molly along with the rest of the family. She opened it slowly to reveal a dark green knitted sweater with a gold E on the front of it. As green was her favourite colour she was extremely excited about this and immediately pulled in on over the t shirt she was wearing.
"I think you're the only one who's ever been excited about these jumpers" George whispered in her ear and she laughed quietly.

As the presents under the tree were wearing thin, Elle handed her gifts to the twins which they took excitedly and wrapped off the wrapping to reveal Zonko pranks and some honeydukes sweets,
"I honestly don't know what else to get you two" Elle smirked as they gazed at the presents happily,
"Good because we love this" Fred beamed pulling her into a tight hug,
"We got something for you too" George interrupted as he handed her a wrapped box.

"You're difficult to buy for so don't be mad if you hate it" Fred muttered awkwardly,
"I'm not going to hate it" Elle smirked as she ripped off  the wrapping and opened the black box inside of it. On the black velvet within lay a small charm bracelet which was gold in colour. It had three charms on each showcasing a different letter. An E, an F and a G. Elle gazed at it in wonder,
"You hate it don't you" George asked anxiously and Elle abruptly shook her head,
"Of course I don't, it's beautiful, thank you so much" she smiled and pulled them into a tighter hug while accidentally knocking their heads together.

Elle could confidently say that the Christmas she'd experienced at the burrow was the best she'd ever had. She hugged the family goodbye at the platform as molly constantly repeated how she was welcome anytime. The brunette knew that she would remember this as she definitely didn't want this to be the last time she saw the cheerful read heads. The trio found a seat on the train and waved enthusiastically out of the window to the family.
"i don't know what you two were so worried about that was great" Elle smiled cheerfully which seemed to relax the twins slightly.
"yeah well we never usually invite people over" Fred shrugged,
"consider yourself lucky"

✰✰✰