Chapter 28

You slowly opened your eyes

You slowly opened your eyes. The surroundings panicked you. The whole place was darkness. "This must be a dream." You muttered to yourself. You tried to calm yourself down.

"Ah, you're finally awake."

You frantically looked around you, but saw no one. "Well, kind of awake." The male voice added. "W-Where am I? Who are you?!" You asked.

"I will tell you later. I want to talk to you about your...quirks." The male replied. "What about my quirks? How do you know about my quirks?" You asked confused.

"(y/n)!"

You heard some voices from afar. "Ah, you have to wake up." The unknown masculine voice said again. "By the way, your brother—" The male couldn't finish his sentence as you regained consciousness.

"(y/n)!"

Your eyes met a blue and grey one. "S-Shoto...Shoto...Shoto!" You started crying. Shoto's arms wrapped around you. You slowly hugged him back, sobbing while progressing everything what happened. But pieces were missing. You don't even remember the car ride. 'What happened? Dabi? Shiggy? Toga? Kurogiri? Twice? Magne-nee? Wait—Where was Magne-nee when I was leaving? I didn't get to say goodbye...Magne-nee...'

"I missed you so much." 

The voice snapped you out of your thoughts. Shoto had an unusual grin on his teary face. "Here you are. All mine." He whispered. It scared you. He scared you. 

"She is awake!"

"Finally!"

You turned to look. "Daddy!" You shouted. You shrugged off Shoto's hand on your shoulder—much to his dismay—and ran towards your father who was all bloody. 

Hawks stood besides Enji. He patted your head. "Finally awake, huh? Sleepy Beauty." He playfully winked at you. You gave him a sad smile before turning your attention back to Enji. He stayed silent, not knowing what to say. He crouched down to better match your height. Instead of using words, he pulled you into a soft hug. The smell of blood hit your nose, but you didn't care. Your hands gripped onto his hero costume. "I-I missed you!" You cried out. "Me too, (y/n)." Enji said softly. You pulled away to look at him. 

"W-Why are y-you hurt, daddy?" You hiccuped due your cries. "To save you." Enji patted your head. "What do you mean?" You looked confused. Hawks' eyes widened slightly. 'Those villains...'  "Let's get you patched up, Endeavor. We will talk later about that." He put his hand on Enji's shoulder. Enji gave a nod. 

Hawks picked you up. Before he could walk away, a voice stopped him. "Give her to me, please."  Hawks turned around. "Ah, of course...Todoroki Shoto-Kun." He smoothly handed you over to your older brother. 

Night, same day:

Fuyumi fixed your blanket on you. You were slightly frowning in your sleep which made her wonder what you are dreaming about. She removed her glasses to wipe her tears away. "I missed you so much, (y/n)..." She sighed. She kissed your forehead. Fuyumi turned around. She jumped startled, but relaxed when she saw who was standing there.

"Shoto? Aren't you sleeping yet?" Fuyumi whispered. Shoto stayed silent, staring at the ground. "Shoto?" Fuyumi said concerned. She slowly walked towards him. "Shoto?" She called again. She frowned and shook him by his shoulders this time. "What?" He finally looked up.

"Are you okay? You need to rest. Go to sleep, Shoto." Fuyumi said. (Jeff The Killer-) "I'm scared." Shoto whispered, more to himself. "Shoto? What did you say?" Fuyumi asked, wondering if she misheard him or not. "Nothing, nothing, Nee-San." Shoto mumbled.

Fuyumi put her hand against Shoto's forehead. "You have a fever." Fuyumi said. "Ah, I guess that's why I don't feel so well..." Shoto said. "Mhm..." Fuyumi hummed. "Do you want anything to drink something or-?" Fuyumi got cut off. "No, I'm fine. I will just...sleep." Shoto said. He left your room. Fuyumi left soon after. She quietly closed your bedroom door. 

An hour later:

"(y/n)."

You frowned in your sleep. "Does it work?"—"Can she hear me?"—"Maybe."       The voices in your head woke you up. You yawned and rubbed your eyes while sitting up. "What was that...?" You muttered sleepy with half-lidded eyes. One of the voices seemed familair, it sounded like the one you had heard earlier. 

You stood up out of bed and grabbed your pillow. You opened the door of your bedroom. You went to Shoto's room and opened it without warning. He seemed asleep. You closed the door behind yourself and made your way to his bed. You lifted his blanket a little up and replaced one of Shoto's pillows with your own before snuggling on the bed besides him.

Your eyelids felt heavy as you closed them. You were dozing off till you heard Shoto's breath getting heavier. You lifted your upperbody a little up, resting on your arms as you stared tiredly at Shoto. "No...No...No..." He whispered. You laid down again, on your stomach. You gently grabbed Shoto's warm hand in your smaller one. He stopped mumbling and relaxed. You immediately fell asleep again.