Chapter 23

Next day:

"Todoroki-San! Todoroki-San, wait!" Midoriya shouted. Shoto 'tsk'ed and ignored the green haired male who followed him on his way to home.

"Go away!" Shoto yelled as he turned around. Midoriya flinched. "I-I'm sorry for bothering you..." Midoriya muttered. He looked down and turned around, quickly leaving.

Shoto sighed.—Why was he becoming so hotheaded?

Shoto unlocked and opened the front door of his house. He narrowed his eyes as he saw Enji. "Shoto. I have heard you ditched classes?" Enji grumbled. "Move aside." Shoto closed the front door and attempted to walk past him before Enji grabbed his arm, slamming him against the closed front door. Shoto coughed. Enji punched Shoto in his stomach before he could catch his breath. Shoto felt like vomitting, he quickly covered his mouth and crouched down on the floor.

"You aren't a real man, Shoto." Enji grabbed Shoto by his collar, lifting him up and slapping him hard across the face (A punch would be too hard—). Shoto touched his nose, his fingers reddened with blood. His crimson red blood dripped from his nose down. He tried to wipe it away with his sleeve.

"Dad/Otoo-San! Shoto! Stop it!" Fuyumi panicked. "Stay out of this, Fuyumi." Enji warned. "I-I'm fine, Nee-San." Shoto reassured, gritting his teeth.

"Go back to your room, Fuyumi." Enji ordered. "But—" Fuyumi protested. "Leave!" Enji shouted. Fuyumi gulped. She left the room, closing the door behind herself.

"Didn't you want to become a hero, Shoto?" Enji asked. Shoto averted his eyes. Enji's hand wrapped around Shoto's throat. Shoto gripped on Enji's arm. "Didn't you say you would change?" Shoto smirked. Enji looked surprised at Shoto's attitude, adding a bit more pressure on the younger male's throat—making Shoto's breath hitch.

"If you go on like this, you can't become a hero. Skipping classes, getting into a lot of fights with Bakugou Katsuki, acting disrespectful towards your teacher—this isn't like you, Todoroki Shoto. Don't forget you are a Todoroki!" Enji said sternly.

"Do you think I, Fuyumi, Natsuo and your mother aren't upset about (y/n) being kidnapped? Do you think I'm not doing my best by trying to find her?!" Enji threw Shoto away. Shoto hissed in pain and he knew there would be surely bruises all over his body later. He knew he couldn't win against Enji and didn't feel like making him any more mad by fighting back.

"You will be broken and insane till
(y/n) comes back." Enji kicked Shoto in his stomach who was still laying on the floor, slightly leaned against the wall with his back. "That way you won't be able to be around her." Enji said, towering above Shoto.

"(y/n)..." Shoto whispered as his eyes became half-lidded, almost fainting.

"Wake up!" Enji tapped on Shoto's cheeks, making his eyes flutter open.

"I'm trying to help you." Enji said softly. "Don't go insane. If you become a hero, then..." Enji trailed off. "Then what?" Shoto asked tiredly. Enji leaned forward and whispered something in Shoto's ear, making his eyes widen in shock.

~

"A-...Are you okay?" Fuyumi asked concerned. Shoto had a bruise on his jawline and a few on his cheeks, his cheeks were reddened and stinging and there was a band-aid on the side of his forehead. His body felt really sore, but he tried to ignore the pain. "Mhm." He poured himself a drink. "Are you mad at dad?" (That ryhmes—) Fuyumi hesitantly asked as Shoto seemed calmer than earlier. "Not at all." He muttered. "...Umm, why?" Fuyumi looked weirded out.

"He helped me."

...

In the next chapter you will find out more about Dabi's and the reader's conversation from last night.

And oh, enjoy watching the video. 😂