-22- Not much time left

Start from the beginning

It is now two weeks since Zhan learned from his lawyer that his stepmother has been officially declared insane and cannot be punished for her actions. She will be transferred to a closed institution and will have to spend the rest of her life there. 

Zhan mind reaches so far that he understands why she cannot be punished. But that didn't mean he thinks it's good. After all, she is a cold-blooded murderess who even admitted that she wanted to kill Zhan, too. But he was also glad that she is locked away for the rest of her life and can never again run free.

This morning when Zhan, Yibo, Wang Shou and Hai Kuan had breakfast together, Yibo received another message from his ex-girlfriend. Or as Zhan calls her, his ex alibi girlfriend. She wrote Yibo frequently lately and it annoyed Zhan that Yibo answered her every time. Just like this morning.

"Really? Emily again? You're answering her again?" Zhan asked angrily as they all sat at the table. Wang Shou and Hai Kuan looked at him and Yibo questioningly.

"Zhan, I don't want to be rude. Besides, she has family problems at the moment and just needs someone to listen to her." Yibo replied.

"What does listening mean? Do you even talk on the phone?"

"Only once in a while. Maybe once a week. We're friends, so nothing to worry about."

"Nothing to worry about, I see. That's why I only found out today that you talk on the phone once a week. Of course Yibo. And as soon as you get to Shanghai, you can meet up. You won't have to use the phone anymore!" Zhan got jealous whenever he heard about Emily Qin. He couldn't stand her, and he didn't even know her. And he hated it when she wrote to Yibo and he answered her back.

"I will not see her, and if it bothers you that much, I will cut off contact with her."

"And then you will secretly continue to have contact. I' m out of words. I am full and go to my room. I'll see you later." Zhan said, getting up from the table and leaving the dining room.

Zhan angrily went up to his room and Hai Kuan followed him. He sat down with Zhan in his room and asked Zhan why he got so angry. And Zhan said, "Because I can't stand the fact that he and his ex-girlfriend are in regular contact."

"But Zhan, you know he never loved her and was only with her so no one would notice he was gay, right?" Hai Kuan asked.

"Yes, I know that. I still don't like it. Maybe she will hope again. And he is still raising her hopes by answering every single message."

"But you have no reason to be jealous, Yibo loves you and would never do anything with her. And I have noticed that in the last two or three weeks, you have been pretty hard on Yibo and you keep provoking arguments with him. He doesn't know what's going on and only trusted me last night that he thinks you don't love him anymore and want to break up with him."

"I love him, very much. And I don't want to break up with him either. I don't know what's wrong with me. It just annoys me that he spends so much time with other things while our parting is coming closer and closer."

"Ah, I see. You are worried about your farewell and what will happen to you guys once you go to separate universities."

"Yes. And I would like to have a little more time with him. But with all his hobbies and training for basketball and motorcycle racing, there's not much time left for us."

" Did you tell him that? Did you tell him that you would like to have more time with him before you guys go to university? I know, besides all the learning and the exams, Yibo's hobbies and all his training, your relationship sometimes came very short. But if you don't talk to him openly, he doesn't know what's bothering you."

"I don't know how to tell him. Because I don't want to limit him."

"But this way, if you don't talk to Yibo and keep arguing, you confuse him and even hurt him. He doesn't know what's going on and is afraid you will break up with him. Don't you think an honest conversation would help?"

"And what if he thinks I'm against his hobbies and training? What if he feels trapped by me?"

"Zhan, what if your relationship is damaged by this? Do you think Yibo can endure forever? Don't you think it hurts him to not know what's going on and always wonder what he did wrong again?"

Of course, Zhan knew right away that Hai Kuan was right and he promised him to talk to Yibo. He had no idea how to start the conversation, but he had to talk to him.

Hai Kuan left Zhan's room again and shortly afterwards there was a knock on his room door. It was Yibo who wanted to talk to Zhan. This left Zhan no time to think about how to start explaining to Yibo what was going on inside him.

Yibo sat down on Zhan's bed and said to Zhan, "I have written to Emily that she should not contact me anymore. My father told me that even though we were only together for show, I shouldn't have contact with her anymore when I'm with you. He told me that it didn't matter who the new partner was, it would bother everyone if the boyfriend still had contact with his ex."

"Mmm, that's right." Zhan replied.

Yibo took Zhan's hands, held them and stroked the back of Zhan's hands with his thumbs. "Be honest Zhan, do you really still love me? Or, do you want to break up with me and are you sometimes so mean to me because of it?"

Zhan had to swallow hard. Because the way Yibo asked him this made him realize how hurt Yibo is and how big his fear is. "I love you Yibo, so much. And I do not want to break up with you either. I just have to keep in mind that we will soon be going to different universities and we will only see each other rarely. I am afraid that we will lose each other. And I wish that we spend more time together before we go to university."

Yibo took Zhan in his arms and replied, "I am glad to hear that, incredibly glad. I thought you didn't love me anymore and wanted to get rid of me. And ZhanZhan, don't worry, even if we go to different universities, we will not lose each other. We will stay together. We write to each other a lot, we talk on the phone every day and once a month we come home and see each other. I will not let anything separate us. I'm sorry that I haven't paid enough attention to you. But I promise you, I will change that now. I can interrupt the training for the time we have left, that's no problem. And my hobbies can wait. Just please, don't scold me every day anymore. Be my dear ZhanZhan again who I fell in love with, ok?"

"Mmm, OK. Thanks Yibo. And I promise you, I'll be more accommodating to you too and be your dear ZhanZhan again."

"So you'll come to my room at night?"

"Wang Yibo, I thought we talked about this."

"ZhanZhan, I only want you with me at night. Even Dad doesn't mind. You can ask him."

"Fine, OK. You're willing to meet me halfway, then so am I. So, yes, I'll sleep in your room."

Yibo hugged Zhan Happily and kissed Zhan's cheek. And Zhan felt incredibly relieved because he talked to Yibo and Yibo is not angry with him.