Chapter 1: Work; Hustle

Start from the beginning

You focused on the design that it's on your screen, and then glanced at the notes you took from the meeting the team had.

I don't get anything. It looks too simple.

You took a deep breath while eyeing some inspiration from the photographs the team gave as a suggestion of the design. You were trying to get some ideas; your focus got lost in those pictures that you didn't see that someone was watching over you.

-Are you struggling? – You heard Renjun ask.

-Yah! – You flinched. -Why do you always scare me? - You questioned while holding your chest.

He chuckled. -I came to see how you were doing. – He said before taking a seat beside you. -So, how is it? – Renjun questioned while pointing at the design on the computer.

-I'm not pleased with it. – You sincerely said.

-Do you have any other ideas? – He questioned.

You nodded. -But those ideas don't have anything to do with this design. – You admitted.

-So, do your design. – Renjun told you.

-What? No, Mr. Na will kill me. He wants me to make this suggestion, not any other. – You stated.

-Jeno is having issues as well and told me that he would make some changes to the original idea. – Renjun disclosed.

-Listen to him, Rae. – Ella spoke before walking away from her desk.

You sternly glanced at her before Renjun patted your shoulder.

-Do what you want. I honestly want you to make your idea. – Renjun told you.

-Uh, I don't know, Renjun. I don't want to mess this project up. – You sighed.

-Do what you feel right. Now, I'll leave you because I need to check on Chenle. – Renjun said before patting your head.

-Thanks! – You smiled before he waved goodbye, and then he left.

You looked back at the photos and then on the computer screen.

What if I do both ideas?

You shrugged your shoulders before taking out a piece of paper. You began to sketch the idea you had in mind for the outdoor design of the skyscraper, and at the same time, you continued with the original plan.

*Hours later*

Most of the workers already went out of the agency. The noon was coming to an end. The people started to look less by each hour that passed by; however, you weren't stopping your work. You had a lot of things to get done since you are making two designs at the same time, and of course, you began with the original idea. You changed some details here and there with the few sparks of inspiration that the photographs and the notes you took. Yet, it wasn't comparable with what you had in mind.

Currently, you are putting your sketched design into the program on the computer. You are doing a 3D model of the skyscraper while listening to some music. Once again, you had all your focus on what you were doing that you didn't notice someone coming to you.

Shortly, you felt someone touching your head, making you look up.

-Jeno. – You smiled before taking your earphones off.

-If Jaemin sees you wearing both, he'll get upset. – He teased.

-Wow! Are you serious? – You questioned sarcastically.

He chuckled while nodding. -Well, I wanted to take you out of here. You've worked all day long. – He stated.

You looked at him, confused.

-You haven't noticed, right? – He questioned.

You shook your head.

-Narae, you've been here since we left the meeting, and you missed lunch. – Jeno told you.

-Oh, that's why my tummy hurts. – You chuckled embarrassedly.

-Let's go. I haven't eaten either. – Jeno motioned you to take his hand.

-Hmm, alright. – You grinned.

You saved the files on the driver, closed the programs and opened windows, and then turned off the computer. After that, you placed your things inside the bag and took Jeno's hand.

As both got out of the area where you work with other architects, you got into the hallway while talking about today's events. Jeno was holding your hand tightly as both were chuckling, but suddenly, you stopped walking when you saw Mr. Na in front of you along with his son.

-Sir. – Jeno bowed at him.

You bowed too, as they did the same.

-I heard that you stayed longer, Narae. – Mr. Na spoke.

-Yes, I wanted to begin with the designs. – You disclosed.

-You too, Mr. Lee? – He asked Jeno.

He nodded. -I'm operating the interior of the new project. – Jeno explained.

-Great work. Your team is efficient, son. – Mr. Na told Jaemin.

-Indeed, father. – Jaemin spoke.

-Well, if you excuse me, I'll go to my office. – Mr. Na said before bowing, and then he walked away.

-Jaemin, we'll get going too, but if you need anything, call me. – Jeno told Jaemin.

-Oh, are you going together? – Jaemin questioned while looking at you seriously.

-Yes, do you want to come? – Jeno asked.

Jaemin looked at your hands intertwined with Jeno's. He clenched his jaw before shaking his head gently.

-I need to finish some paperwork. But have a great one. – Jaemin said.

Jeno let go of your hand before hugging Jaemin. -Man, you need to cheer. – Jeno teased.

You smiled slightly while looking at them, but shortly tried to cover it since you didn't want Jaemin to notice.

I wish he could leave his sorrow behind; I'm sure his friends miss the way he was before.