Chapter 17: Moving Forward

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Hours later*

-Narae's POV-

You were all day at Chenle's place, finishing the work Jaemin asked for tomorrow morning. Even though you didn't finish the entire presentation, you made surpassing progress that can get evaluated. Everybody enjoyed working together; however, your friends couldn't stop mentioning the confrontation you had with Jaemin. It seems that Jeno spoke to Chenle about the situation, and then, Chenle revealed it to the rest of your friends. You didn't think it would turn out to be a couple and tedious problem, but it seems that nobody agrees with the decision you took in the end. Chenle told you to talk with Jaemin and clear the differences between both. And Jeno only advised you to think about how you feel about Jaemin, and vice versa. You agreed with them since you didn't want to argue with someone else. However, on the back of your mind, you still hesitate your decisions. It's hard to tell when you do something wrong or right.

Currently, you are going back to your apartment. It's pretty late for coming back; however, you took a long time at Chenle's home. You feel pretty tired as you walk, so you didn't hesitate to massage your shoulder while getting towards your place. But suddenly, you sensed someone in front of you, making your view focus on the entrance.

-Jaemin? – You murmured while looking at him, sitting down on the floor while resting against the door.

-Narae! – Jaemin immediately stood up and looked your way. He didn't wait for you to walk forward; instead, he stepped closer. Shortly, you have him in front of you.

-What are you doing here? – You sternly asked.

-I came to talk with you, Narae. When we were at the office, I couldn't tell you everything I felt. – Jaemin spoke, making you shake your head. Then, you walked pass him and got towards your apartment, but Jaemin followed from behind.

-What do you want to tell me? That I should know my place when I'm at the company? – You questioned before opening the door, then getting inside.

You let Jaemin come in, which he immediately did before closing the door behind him. Then, you placed your stuff on the bar surface and turned around to face Jaemin. Briefly, you took out the binder with the presentation documents, then handing them to Jaemin.

-What is this? – Jaemin asked.

-I know it's not the following morning, but here you have the progress of the presentation. – You spoke before Jaemin grabbed the binder. You were about to go somewhere else, but Jaemin took your hand and stopped you. Then, he placed the binder aside and put his attention on you.

-Narae, don't leave me like this. I can't be without you, have I ever told you that? It doesn't matter if you are my girlfriend or not; when we aren't on good terms, I feel like my world crashes. – Jaemin sincerely spoke, making you feel stunned by his words.