Entering the Ninja Academy

Third Person's POV

They trained everyday. Naruto improved everyday, his Fūinjutsu was done easily as expected from an Uzumaki. He learned a few Ninjutsu (Ninja Techniques), from E-rank to A-rank, with a few S-rank techniques. He learned a few A-rank Genjutsu (Illusionary Techniques) and it's not really his forte. His Taijutsu (Body Techniques) is improved, probably below Gai's level. His chakra control is okay so he knows a bit of Medical Ninjutsu. He also learned Shurikenjutsu, a few Kenjutsu (Sword Technique) and Kinjutsu (Forbidden Technique). Naruto is most likely an B-class or lower A-class ninja at a young age. Thanks to Kurama's help and his efforts.

~3 years later~

In his apartment, using his index and middle finger Naruto formed a cross with both hands
"Kage Bunshin no Jutsu (Shadow Clone Technique)" then an exact copy of Naruto appeared from smoke. The original sat cross-legged on the floor sticking out his right arm while the Shadow Clone took a calligraphy brush and a bottle of black ink, he sat beside the original and dipped the brush in the ink bottle and drew on the original's palm and started writing on his forearm.

"Are you sure this is gonna work?" Kurama asked as he observed what his host was doing from his cage
"I think so, I just wanna try and see if it works. If this is the correct formula then we can get you out of that suffocating cage" Naruto stated as his clone nodded in agreement. Kurama sighed, through the years together Kurama decided to give Naruto a nickname

"Look kit, you're gonna need the key for the seal which is with whoever right now. All you have to do is find where it is, mark your chakra there, you get the key then you can get me out of this cage"

"That works but we don't know who has it or where that person is, there's even the possibility that the person with the key is outside of the village, and I'm still a kid. So instead of waiting for the time I can go out I'd rather just experiment" Naruto explained and his clone nodded in agreement.

"How many formula's did you try?"

"Uh.. 27 I guess? This is already the 28th one" Naruto said remembering the past few days where he tried to free Kurama from the cage but the formula was always wrong. The clone finished his job, Naruto thanked him and dispelled his clone. He then meditated to go to his mindscape.

He opened his eyes to see Kurama on the other side of the huge gate. Now that he was 7 years old, the water only reached to his knees. He walked near the gate
"Okay Kurama! Let's see if this works!" Kurama's face showed a bit of hope at the same time the expectations that it won't work again. The water swirled under Naruto's feet like a tornado rising him to the paper with the character 'seal'. He tore the paper revealing the lock to the gate and went down to the flooded floor.

Naruto lifted his shirt revealing the Eight Trigrams Seal on his belly. He lifted his right arm and put chakra into each of his fingers with what his clone drew on his forearm appearing. 'Please work!' he thought. He put his chakra filled fingers on his seal and twisted it to the left. Nothing happened. 'It.. didn't work..' he thought as his expression saddened. Kurama's face did the same too.

Until a loud click was heard. Naruto and Kurama jerked their head to the gate's lock. It opened in a spiral form, with every click Naruto and Kurama's eyes widened. As it was finished the gate opened wide. Kurama stepped out of the gate and made eye contact with Naruto. Naruto smiled
"Alright!" Naruto cheered as he jumped around, Kurama stared at his host
"What did I tell ya? Experimenting was the best choice in the end! We don't need to look for the key anymore!" he exclaimed as he gave a wide grin

"I'm surprised that it actually worked.." Kurama said as he sweat dropped
"I'm even surprised myself" Naruto said as he rubbed the back of his head. Naruto and Kurama sensed a familiar chakra signature approaching Naruto's apartment,