Abandoned park and bird man

Start from the beginning

"You had me climb a damn pole and almost break my neck for nothing!?"
"Well, I mean, you got a work out and technically you can't die if I won't let you."

He crouched down when the railing made sharp metal noises under his feet with wide eyes. Once the rails settled, he sighed exasperatedly before scowling at you.

"You are the worst teacher ever."
"You're telling me?"

The rest of the time you and Shinsou were there, you would have him run laps with you through the plant infested theme park. It was harder for him to keep up what with all the plants he nearly tripped over and the fact that you were way faster than him.

Although it wasn't what he expected, his training, if he could call it that, was enjoyable. For once, he forgot about his 'villainous' quirk, he forgot about the fear and hatred that was directed at him back at his old school.

Most of all, he forgot about the world.

Right now, the both of you were just strolling through the thicket, stopping to admire an old ride that became home to many plants and animals.

"There was this movie I used to watch when I was a kid, it was called 'Spirited Away'."
"'Spirited Away'? Never heard of that one before..."
"Wouldn't expect you to. It's a pretty damn old. Like maybe a few hundred years old..."
"Is it any good?"

You laughed at this and tucked your hands in your pockets.

"Oh god, calling it 'good' is a bloody understatement. That movie is basically a beautiful painting that moves with grace. The fact that most people haven't watched it makes me depressed!"

Shinsou nodded and copied you by putting his hands in his pockets, eyes locked on a plant-covered ride.

"I'll check it out sometime..."
"Hey, maybe we can watch it together!" You snapped your finger.

Shinsou blinked at you in surprise before smirking at you in a teasing way.

"Oh? At my house or yours?"
"Your house, probably. I live with Aizawa right now and my mom is..."

Shinsou immediately lost his smug look, realizing that he was treading on some pretty sensitive territory. Just about everyone knew of your mother's death, and that fact alone made Shinsou want to jump off a cliff for not being mindful of his words.

"Hey... I'm sorry, I didn't-"
"Nah, don't do that."

You turned to him with a frown.

"Don't say sorry. You didn't take my mom away."

Shinsou rubbed the back of his head and frowned slightly.

"...I-"
"Welp, I'm starving." You clapped you hands together.

Shinsou knew you were trying change the subject but let you do so anyway, after all, it didn't take a genius to know that it was a touchy subject.

You bent a little to grab the back of Shinsou's knees and picked him up bridal-style. He struggled a bit and shouted in surprise but held onto you after finding himself and you leaping over the forest and trees.

"By the way, your hair smells like lavender."

Shinsou paused mid bite and turned his head towards you with a weirded out expression.

"Why are you smelling my hair?"
"Can't NOT smell it if it was in my face." You said.

"It's not my fault you were jumping around the place with me in your arms." He flicked your forehead, causing you to rub it unconsciously.