Life #2 Part 1

When Meraki Kaan started killing for a living the last thing he expected was to get an invite for a private interview with the biggest mafia in the country. And yet here he was, getting dressed for an interview, for the biggest mafia in the country. 

Standing in front of the mirror he straightened his tie and grabbed his keys off of the small table. He had been approached about a week ago right after he had finished a job. The blood had barely even dried on his gloves before a young man dressed in a nice suit approached him. The man was tall and lanky with stark black hair that rested right above his shoulders. The man didn't even have a chance to speak before he found a gun pointed at his temple. 

It didn't take long before the man spilled everything, he was a messenger for the mafia group called The Green Crows. Apparently Meraki had made a name for himself as an assassin, and their boss Veles Dalnim was interested in a 'partnership' with him. More details would apparently be revealed in the meeting. 

He was a little skeptical at first, afterall you didn't get away with everything he had by being careless. But after some thought, he accepted if he did end up getting caught he of course had some friends in high places that owed him a few favors. 

Sure originally his only goal as an assassin was to make enough to feed himself and to stay off the streets, people just happened to like his work sok, more and more jobs started to roll in. Now he lived in a nice apartment and made more than enough to feed himself. 

So, ignoring the nervousness flooding through him, he opened the door and stroad out.

~

Veles Dalnim sighed, why did all of this paperwork have to be so overwhelmingly tedious. He was a mafia boss goddamn it!  He signed off on another check for another batch of weapons, this one was coming from the silver arrows. Usually he didn't like to do business with them due to their unreliable nature, but they happened to be the only group that wasn't overseas that produced what he needed. 

He was about to stand up to take a walk when his phone started ringing. "Yes?" 

"Sorry to bother you Mr.Dalnim, but your 2:00 appointment is here. Its the interview for the assassin." It was his secretary. He didn't even know why he was bothering to do this interview, he already knew that he was going to hire him. He was the best assassin in town after all. 

"Alright, send him in."

~

When Meraki walked into the leader of the Green Crows office he was honestly surprised. He expected to see a heavy man with scars and tattoos, but instead he saw what only could be described as a beautiful man. He was dressed in a fine black suit with a green tie to match, on the lapel of the suit was a small cufflink shaped like a crow. Very fitting if you asked him. 

The man's head was bowed looking at some papers so he couldn't see his eyes, but his hair was cut short and was a deep auburn color. "Thank you for coming Mr.Kaan, if you could please-" It was then that the man finally looked up and they locked eyes.

"Why am I not surprised that you're a Mafia Boss." Harry/ Meraki stated. 

"I prefer the word business man, but call it what you wish." Harry rolled his eyes. "I myself am more intrigued by your profession." Tom intertwined his fingers and place his head on top of them. "An assassin, really? You commit murder for a living. At least I don't bother to get my own hands dirty." 

Harry shrugged. "You call it murder, I call it a conversation starter." Tom laughed. It was strange to sit here, laughing with the man who tried to kill you, the man you did kill. But it was refreshing nonetheless. Like he told Tom, he had nothing left to lose so why not? 

"Well this will sure make things interesting. Running the worlds biggest Mafia honestly isn't as fun as it sounds. With you around it will sure liven the place up a bit." Tom smirked at him but Harry ignored it. 

"I'm guessing this means I'm hired?" He was speaking as though he had already had the job. 

"Of course. We can even discuss your first assignment tonight over dinner." 

"Dinner?" He asked stunned by the implied question.

"Yes, dinner. I'll pick you up at 6. Be sure to wear something nice." Veles/ Tom winked at him. He nodded in understanding and stood to leave. "It's nice to see you again, Harry."

~~

I am sorry for the wait for the new chapter. School had been kicking my arse and I've been really busy lately. And of course I always put school before Wattpad. Anyway I hope you enjoyed this chapter even though it is way shorter than the other ones. This kinda gives a little bit of background into how Tom and Harry got to know each other after life #1. This is only part 1 of life #2 and I have more planned.  

I would also like to thank everyone for the 360 reads! It means so much to me! I would love to talk to the people who read my story so there is a link to my Discord server in my bio. Feel free to check it out!

-Stormy