I gave her a nod and went straight to my office. I was sitting on the sofa while reading a newspaper when Samwell came inside and sat in front of me.

He rested his hands on his knees and looked at me. “Did you drop her safely back home?”, I asked him while setting the newspaper back on the table.

He nodded at me and asked me, “Have you appointed another bodyguard for her?” “No. She doesn’t want anyone to protect her and don’t you remember how she ditched Samuel on her way to the supermarket?”, I said smiling, reminiscing the moment when she told me this.

He nodded at me and said, “But you know that you need to ensure her safety even when she doesn’t have any interest in it. Why don’t you tell Kyle to look after her? She knows him and you know that Kyle is perfect for the job. He has been in this job protecting you for years and he hasn’t ever failed in his job.” I rolled my tongue in my mouth while looking to the other side of my office and said, “No. I will ask Lara to ask the agency to send me their best bodyguard by tomorrow morning. I need Kyle with me here.”

Samwell just gave me a small smile and I looked at him with a confused look on his face. “How was her mood in the morning?”, I asked Samwell while taking a sip of my coffee, hiding my face behind it.

“Sour. She actually looked pissed. She didn’t even have breakfast”, Samwell said while taking a cookie from the dish. I looked at him with a frown on my face and told him immediately, “Okay. I will get back to my work now.”

Samwell took this as a clue to leave and I was left alone in the room with a million questions in my mind. Was she pissed because I kissed her?

Didn’t she like it? She might have thought of me as some creep who was just trying to get in her pants.

Oh my god! Should I call her?

Probably not. I should go and meet her today.

That would be a far better option than to have this conversation on call. I’ll tell her that I am sorry although I am not.

I wanted to kiss her yesterday since the time I laid my eyes on her.

Amber’s POV:

I asked Samwell to drop me at my dorm room as I wanted to take a bath before I make my way to Ethan’s. I took cheeseburgers and fries when I went to Ethan’s place.

As soon as I reached his place, he hugged me and looked at me as if checking to see if I was fine. “I brought this”, I said while giving the packet to him.

He peeped inside the bag and said while scrunching his eyebrows. “You are stressed. Come on, get it out”, he said while pulling me inside his bedroom.

“How do you know that?”, I asked him while laying my head on his shoulder while he got the burgers out on a plate. “Because you brought 5 cheeseburgers when there are just the two of us. And so you are definitely planning to over eat which you only do when you are too stressed. And to top it all you brought pork burgers which you don’t like and you eat them when you want to punish yourself. So this packet is a disaster that proves that you are not in your right mind”, he said while licking his thumb.

I hugged him while tears came down my cheeks and murmured, “I love you, Ethan. I don’t know what would I do without you.” He smiled at me and while kissing me on the cheek he said, “You don’t need to think about being without me because it is not happening. I am even following you to your grave. Now come on, get it out. I am excited.”

I took a mouthful of my cheeseburger and said him, “I kissed Ryan.” He looked at me with his eyes wide and his mouth open and licked his lips before saying, “Isn’t that a good thing? We should celebrate it with pizzas and cookies.”

I shook my head and said, “He wasn’t there when I woke up today. He might have panicked and left at night. So that means” “He regretted it”, Ethan said, completing my sentence and pulling me into another hug.

“I feel so bad for you, Amber. But there is a possibility that he might have some urgent work”, Ethan said while rubbing my back. “His driver told me the same thing when I got up in the morning. But what urgent work requires his attention that too in the middle of the night? He is even getting a divorce from that Barbie girl and so even the possibility of her calling him and telling him to get his ass back home, gets over”, I said while pouting.

Ethan held me by my shoulders and looked me at me with a confused look and asked, “Did you just say that he is getting a divorce? What the hell is happening? I can’t handle so many surprises in a single hour.” I kept my burger back in the plate and explained everything to him from the very scratch.

After that, he got up from the bed and placed both his hands behind his head and said surprisingly, “Oh my god! That guy is deep in shit, baby. Holy fuck! Just imagine when this news gets out and the amount of dirt the media is gonna dig out on Mr. Sexy pants and that Barbie girl. This is just gonna get dirty and I just fear that they don’t pull you in it. They already have your pictures now and it won’t take them even a second to add all the pieces and present it to the public as one hot story.” I just sat there thinking about everything that the future could hold for me, all the possibilities and all the allegations that I would be facing in the next few days.

------------------------------------------------------
Hello guys! Welcome back to another fresh new update. Do you'll wish to have a bestfriend like Ethan? Someone who understands your silence and is there by your side when you need them with a shoulder and some tissues. Oh! I definitely want a best friend like him. Coming back to my story, my next update will be on Thursday. Do vote for my update if you like it and also share my book with your reader friends.  See you'll soon. Byeee