Chapter 18

Ryan’s POV:

When I came back in the room with the first aid box in my hand, she was standing near the window with her hands on the window sill. “Come here”, I ordered her while keeping the first aid box on the bed while sitting next to it.

She slowly made her way towards me and sat on the small table that I had kept in front of me. Her knees were stuck in between mine while her palm was placed in my hand.

“Does it hurt too much?”, I asked her while applying an anesthetic to soothe the burnt skin on her palm. “Just a little”, she said while looking at me.

I winced twice by instinct while applying the anesthetic and I could hear her giggle at me. “It isn’t funny”, I glowered at her.

She looked at me as if she was analysing something before saying, “Yes it is. You are not the one who has burnt your hand but you are still wincing as if its hurting you.” I looked at her because she had unknowingly said the truth.

Yes, it hurt me to see her hurt. There was a pain in my chest knowing that she got hurt because of cooking a meal for us.

I just shook my head at her words. “You are not going to work now. I will handle the remaining preparations. I don’t want you to argue with me on this. Okay?”, I said while closing the first aid box and getting up from the bed.

I was about to move away from her when she held my hand making me look down at her. “Thank you”, she said while getting up from the table and looking at her right hand that was burnt.

I bit my lower lip before putting the few strands of hair behind her ear and said, “You don’t need to thank me for this. You would have done the same thing if I were at your place.” I rubbed her cheek with my thumb while my eyes were still fixated on her lips that she was running her tongue on, a second ago.

I knew I had to put some distance between us if I didn’t want to do something that makes her think of me as a creep. No matter how badly I wanted to touch her, I had to always keep this thought in my mind that she was off limits and this desperacy towards her was just my infatuation working its charm.

I smiled at her before rushing towards the bathroom. As soon as I reached the bathroom, I closed the door behind me before washing my face with cold water.

I was breathing heavily by then as if it was taking my everything to not take her down on my bed. I looked at myself in the mirror as if warning myself to not cross my limits.

Why did I even bring her here when I know how difficult it is for me to stay away from her when she is so close to me? I rubbed my face with my both my hands before making my way downstairs.

I looked in the living room expecting to see her sitting there with Kyle and Samwell but she wasn’t there. Then, I hear some noises from the kitchen and who else would it be other than her!

I was so angry as to why could she not listen to me once. It isn’t that I was doing all this for me.

I gave her a fair chance to cook food but now when she has burnt her hand in the process, why can’t she just sit in the room like an obedient kid. Because she is Amber, my brain muttered.

I stomped in the kitchen but her back was facing me then. I took her by her arm and turned her around while blocking her between my hands that were resting on the kitchen counter on either sides of her.

She was breathing heavily as if I had frightened her. “What do you think you are doing?”, I asked her slowly while gritting my teeth.

“I…I was preparing the enchilada sauce”, she said while steadying herself by placing her hand on my chest. I completely lost it then.