Chapter 15

The slime who rolled in the wind stopped upside down. I wait for a while, but it doesn't seem to be getting back up...Don't tell me, it can't get up itself?

I'm not sure what to do, so I wait a little more, but It never gets back up even after I've waited so long. It's body is just bouncing and shaking and somehow looking sorrowful...

...I felt sorry for it but I also found it cute too.

However, it seems there's nothing it can do to pull its body up at present, so I reach out for it. But then I remember one sentence in a book about slimes, and stop my hand.

《The weakest slime's are rare and so weak that it disappears when it's poked. 》

When I read that I thought it was a very sad monster. In front of me, the crumbling slime that lays upside down has no sign of standing up.

...That may be true.

What should I do? Will it disappear when I touch it? But, it's not like I'm going to poke it. I Gently wrap my hand around it and turn its body upright.

...I was so nervous.

When I look at it, for some reason it starts shaking

...Eeh! Could it be disappearing? Is it going to disappear? My heart throbs hard at the thought, but after a while, the slime stopped shaking.

Haa~

"Ahaha, what are you doing, me"

The crumbling slime is now staring at me. Honestly, it's hard to leave it now.

....I wonder if I can tame it?

The slime is said to be the weakest, like the weak no star that I am. We might suit each other.

I read the taming method in the book. However, I thought that I'd never get a chance to tame, so I didn't read it thoroughly. The crumbling slime in front of me might disappear if I fail.

I take a book out of the magic bag and find the way to tame a monster. According to the book, a light will appear when I give a little of my magic power to the monster, and while in that state I have to give out my name and the chosen name of the monster, then I have to strongly declare for the monster to yield.

This seems to be the recommended taming method for three or more star monsters, which has nothing to do with me. It says that if both of these things go well, a mark will appear. Give it a little magic power huh... is it alright if it is only a little?

Maybe just a little.

I look at the crumbling slime. It is staring at me.

"Just a little"

I check the surroundings for any presences. I don't feel anything nearby. So I tell myself that it's okay and kneel in front of the crumbling slime. I gather a little magic power at the tip of my right-hand index finger, and bring my fingertip closer to the crumbling slime.

My heart is throbbing loudly. If it refuses, it will be the end. The crumbling slime shook as it rubbed its body against my approaching finger. I suddenly felt magical power leaving my fingertips. I pull my hand back and look at the crumbling slime.

*purururur*, *purururu*

It seems to have received the magical power because it was slightly covered in a light. Next is to tell it my name and finally to name the slime...

My name.

I will not use the name given to me by my parents. Instead I will use the name that I have been thinking of using since I left the village. I chose "Ivy" myself so that I can survive strongly even if stepped on. It's a name pulled from my previous lifes memories. It seems to be the name of a plant that can survive even when stepped on.

Now for the name of the crumbling slime...Etto, because the body is blue so it's blue? Bulu? Something more... while thinking about it, I look up and see the beautiful blue sky. Ah...Sora, let's go with Sora!

Okay!

"I'm Ivy and you are Sora!"

The slime's plump body moves a little violently. As I watch while feeling restless that the slime might disappear, a small pattern appears on the forehead of the crumbling slime. This pattern is a mark that the slime has been tamed.

Yes! Yes! Yes! it's a success!

717 words