• Crown Game (2) •

Start from the beginning

"Heh. Three teams joined this round.. all the turtles got scared and hid in their shells," said Rak triumphantly. "GREAT! I'll hunt you all—"

"Don't bother," Khun sighed, sitting on the throne's armrest while Achim sat next to Bam. "Don't bother going all out. There will be stronger teams next round. Just wait and see."

"H—HEY!" one person yelled, pointing at them. "They have an extra member, that's not fair!"

"Pfft. If you listened to the lighthouse at the team-building test, you had to make a team of three to four," Achim called back. "Everyone here has a team of three because they wanted to get the test over with. But you had never taken the one fact into account that the teams might have to fight each other? One more ally couldn't hurt, right?"

"That's right," Lero Ro called from above. "Not every test is about getting it done. You may even have to look a few steps ahead. Now then, let round this round of the Crown Game... begin!"

"Wait, let's not fight yet! Let's bring them down first, then fight after we've finished them!" one suggested.

"Idiots," Khun muttered under his breath.

"Yeah, I agree, we need to beat them togeth—ugh!" another one got interrupted by a blow to the head.

Achim's team watched as one team of three didn't agree and took the others down one by one easily. "See? we don't have to fight," Khun gestured at the overpowering team. "They're on our side."

"What?" Rak's eyes narrowed.

"What did you do now?" Achim asked without looking at him.

"Oh stop making it seem like I'm scheming. Remember the first test we took? The one where we had to reduce 400 Regulars to 200? Yeah, well, I thought it would be a waste to go around killing, because even if I didn't it myself, those 200 were going to die. There wasn't any use in fighting, because it would only make us enemies. So I thought, I should make as many alliances as I could while the 200 were dying. I used this bag to gather allies, like I put them in my bag and carry them for the rest of this test, and they had to help me pass the next one," Khun explained.

"So that's why your bag got stuck in the shinsu wall," Bam recalled.

"Yeah. The team with you guys was unexpected, though. Especially you," he scowled at Achim, who flushed a light pink. "I had those three stowed away in my bag, so I didn't need to use them yet. I managed to trick the guide in the team test, by the admin noticed. He let me off though, so it's fine."

"This is the sign," he explained dully, pointing at his ponytail. "I told them if I changed my hairstyle, then it was the sign of me asking for help."

"I shouldn't get on your bad side," Achim noted to herself, smiling sheepishly at his intelligence.

"Yeah you shouldn't," he snorted. "But truth is, I didn't wanna use it in this game. Because you know, it's only a bonus and there's little chance we could win. But... I want to go up the tower with you guys."

"The winner of this fourth round goes to Bam, Khun and Rak! Those who want to participate in the last round, please press your buzzers in five!" Lero Ro suddenly announced.

"Wow, it's crowded," Bam commented.

The last four teams came out, one of them being the ones from another test area. Achim squinted at the girl with the mask and a body suit and a staff. Her movements just seemed familiar. She then shot a side long glance at the the team from the test area. They were all wearing suspicious cloaks, and Khun thought they were the most dangerous. Achim's gold orbs widened when she sensed the ugly aura once again, and gritted her teeth. Just as she feared, Rachel was here.