Chapter 7 - Caffiene

Start from the beginning

"Are you tired?" She asks so sweetly as she moves a strand of my hair that keeps falling over my face behind my ear again.

"A little bit but I like the company." I confess knowing how small I'm feeling but too tired to really care.

"It's okay Em, I already called Will and told him I wouldn't be home tonight." I stare at her confused for two reasons, the first one being how did she know she'd be staying over tonight? Was I really falling asleep that much? Reason two, when did she call Will?

"Jayje, I couldn't possibly ask that of you,"

"You didn't ask, I offered..technically." I smile at Jennifer for a number of reasons, all summed up she's amazing.

"I have a spare room upstairs if you'd like." I offer her earning immediate acceptance. "I'll show you," I offer as we start to close down my living room, turning off the lights and TV. I then lead JJ all the way up the stairs and down the hall to the spare room across from my room which would be Jennifer's tonight.

I open the door all the way and flip on the lights to reveal the room that's been empty since I got this apartment. It was the full window view for me about this apartment and I knew it'd come in use some day.

The room was near to bare apart from the few measures I've taken to consume it. I've never really had much items anyways, my apartment consisting mostly of food and clothes. I don't have many pictures although I did stick a few photo frames around the room that I bought from Target and I just never took the photos out. I made sure to put up curtains with designs to distract the eyes and I added a nightstand and a spare laundry bin in the corner and a vanity dresser against the wall just to fill up space.

"I almost forgot what it looked like in here." I confess earning an amused giggle from JJ.

"What's there to remember?" Commenting on the emptiness of the room that's always just been a spare. In fact the bed is nearly brand new as my mother gave it to me when I came back to the States after Doyle but something about that French mattress made me feel like I was sleeping on clouds. "However, the Walmart frames are a nice touch," causing me to force out a laugh.

"I'll go grab you something to sleep in," I say as I turn out of the room and merely across the hall only to return with a casual pair of sweatpants and a t shirt I know she'd be familiar with since she has the same one. Garcia made them for the team a few years back. God knows I'd never hear the end of it if I ever lost it.

JJ sighs contently as she immediately recognizes the folded shirt on top as she takes the set from my hands. "Thank you."

"No problem," I say with a nod and I'm almost out the door when I remember to say. "Thanks again for staying. You know you don't have to. I'll be fine."

"I know," her blue eyes are lit up briefly despite the lightbulb being dim. Her smile so sweet it would melt in the rain.

I got lost in what felt like an eternity of her beauty inside and out. Finally coming to my senses that it's late and the unpredictability of our work might have us up before the sun. "Well," drifting off in a sudden reluctance to end the conversation. "Goodnight, JJ.."

"Goodnight Emily."

"Thanks again," I say as I peer around the door as I was ready to close it.

I hear Jennifer chuckle softly just before the door closed, any response having been cut off by the sound of the door latching.

JJs POV

I finish washing my hands in the bathroom regretting finishing that glass of water before going to bed. I must have got no more than two hours of sleep before I had to get up again, although something tells me it was no more a coincidence than a convenience.