☆Twenty-Nine☆

~ Third Person P.O.V ~ *I posted a chapter yesterday*

"You are my sun, soak my skin beautifully. You are my fire, passion coursing through my veins. You are my excitement, brighten my soul. You are my life . . . my reason for existing . . ."
—BisexualCricket, Poetry Journal

Izuku's pulse throbbed and ached as he stepped out the small, fogged-over, bathroom. His hands and limbs shaky and felt as though they were constructed of jelly, yet that didn't seem to matter anymore. All he was focused on was the boy before him.

You belong to me and me only, got it?

The possessive statement that had once been uttered to him long ago was nearly laughable at this point. Despite the tension and apprehension that soaked and doused his veins, soul, and limbs—he couldn't help but smirk to himself, for he was about to complete another milestone. Possibly the most important of them all.   

As he tossed his dirty clothes aside in the hamper, his bare chest is prickled with goosebumps unfurling left and right from the cold air inside the bedroom. Shoto was draped across the bed, gray sweats barely clinging to his hips and a tight-fitted tank top adoring every aspect of his torso.

Fuck. 

"You know I think its time I started to learn how to cook, properly," Shoto said once he heard the bathroom door creak open, his back facing Izuku. "I don't think my pride can handle it if I set off the smoke alarm again while trying to make something as simple as mac and cheese—"

The rest of Shoto's sentence had died in the back of his throat as he finally turned around, eyes practically bulging out of his head as he scanned over the younger male. It didn't take rocket science for him to realize how big this was for Izuku; to stand here before him without a shirt on. To others, it may seem so inconsequential, so trivial and irrelevant . . . but to Shoto? It meant the world.

It was no doubt that the two had been through hell and back, both alone and with each other. So, to have Izuku—the boy he so irrevocably in love with—stand in front of him shirtless and silent, speaking a plethora of words others could not even begin to understand. It showed how much his mindset had changed and evolved over the past two months, how much Izuku has grown.

And with this new mindset came an onslaught of pivotal truths the two have worked so hard to get Izuku to understand and remember:

Izuku deserved to be loved.

Izuku deserved to feel and be safe.

Izuku deserved to trust others as well as himself.

Izuku deserved to make his own choices.

And Izuku deserved to feel the basic human desires and needs such as touch, intimacy, and pleasure.

"Come here," Shoto whispered, motioning with his hand. "Come sit and talk to me."

Taking slow, tentative, and calculated steps towards the bed, Izuku sheepishly rubs his arm as he sat down next to Shoto. The elder could clearly see the flush of blood surging beneath his translucent skin, patches of red and light pink unsnarling across his bare skin as he stared up at Shoto with wide, iridescent, emerald eyes. He was beautiful.

"You know that before you, being able to trust others, trust myself, trust my body—it had all been a challenge. But now—now I'm starting to be able to do those things . . . and I realize that not only did you help me but I helped myself along the way. I guess I haven't been giving myself enough credit," he looked up sheepishly as Shoto tried his best to wipe the 'I told you so' grin off his face.