🍃A Leaf in the Wind🍃

Korro sat in Air Temple island reading the latest newspaper at the breakfast table excitedly.

Korro: "And in the final round, The Buzzard-wasps won with a decisive knockout. What do you say we go to the arena tonight, catch a few pro bending matches along with their halftime shows?" He asked Tenzin before folding the paper up and set it onto the table.

Tenzin: "That sport is a mockery of the noble tradition of bending." He said seriously before drinking some tea.

Korro: Groans lowly before saying to Tenzin. "Come on, Tenzin, I've dreamed about seeing a pro-bending since I was a kid, and now I'm a ferry ride away from the arena." He pointed over his shoulder at the Pro bending arena.

Tenzin: "Korro, you're not here to watch that drivel. You're here to finish your Avatar training. So for the time being, I want you to remain on the island." He said calmly to the young man.

Korro: Scoffs a sigh. "Is that why you're keeping the white lotus sentries around to watch my every move?" He questioned sarcastically.

Tenzin: "Yes, in order to learn airbending, I believe you require a calm, quiet environment, free from any distractions." He explained calmly.

Korro: "All right, you're the master." He said before looking over at the pro bending arena with a far off look in his eyes.

A lemur flew by Tenzin and Korro whom was now dressed in air nomad clothes to the training area of the island.

Tenzin: "So my mother informed me that you've never been able to airbend before." He asked Korro as he sighed in disappointment.

Korro: "Yeah but I don't know why. The other elements came so easily to me. But every single time I've tried airbending-- *blows a raspberry* nothing." He said honestly while pouting.

Tenzin: "That's perfectly all right. We just need to be patient. Often the element that's the most difficult for the Avatar to master is the one most opposite to the Avatar's personality. For Aang it was earth bending." He told Korro honestly.

Korro: "Yeah, well, I'm about as opposite an airbender as you can get." He said honestly as Oogi landed in the courtyard.

Tenzin: "Let's begin your first lesson." He said as they walked up stone steps to find Jinora, Ikki and Meelo waiting for them.

Ikki: "Korro's gonna airbend! Korro's gonna airbend!" She squealed happily jumping up and down.

Korro: "What is that contraption?" He questioned looking at a stone circle filled with wooden air symbol pieces of wooden gates.

Tenzin: "A time-honored tool that teaches the most fundamental aspect of airbending. Jinora, would you like to explain this exercise?" He asked his eldest daughter.

Jinora: "The goal is to weave your way through the gates and make it to the other side without touching them." She explained to Korro.

Korro: "Seems easy enough." He said smirking thinking this was gonna be easy.

Ikki: "Jinora forgot to say you have to make it through while the gates are spinning." She said while Tenzin blasted a gust of wind at the gates making them spin around fast.

Tenzin: Holds up a bamboo leave in his fingers to demonstrate. "The key is to be like the leaf, flow with the movement of the gates. Jinora will demonstrate." He said as Jinora began moving through the gates in spiral movements. "Airbending is all about spiral movements when you meet resistance, you must be able to switch direction at a moment's notice." He explained calmly as Jinora got out then blew a new gust of wind at the gates for Korro's turn.