7- "Too Good To End"

Bắt đầu từ đầu

"I'm sorry too, you know I've been thinking... maybe I can't be with you" Harry truthfully said.

"What, why?" You asked in disbelief.

"I couldn't even protect you. From the moment you fainted, I wasn't there. Now you were harassed, and I couldn't be there sooner. I wasn't there to comfort you too..." he said as his emotions started to be all around the place.

Draco was coincidentally passing by as he heard you two talking. He stopped in his tracks and hid as he listened to both of you.

"How can you say that? It wasn't your fault. None of these is your fault, and I never blamed you for anything. Please don't think that way, I could never." You said as tears built up in your eyes and threatened to pour down any moment now.

"I know that, but looking at myself right now... I know I don't deserve you, maybe it's best if we cut this off" he insisted and you finally broke down into tears.

"Don't do this please, I wouldn't know how to deal with this. Harry, please..." you tried to beg. You could see that it pains him as well but he just can't trust himself. He loves you yet he had this thought about himself as not being good enough to be with you. He has been going through a lot, especially with the bullying he was also receiving upon being a Triwizard competitor.

"I am dangerous for you, I love you --I do..."

"Then why are you breaking up with me?" you asked.

"I can never forgive myself" he answered shortly but it was obvious he was holding himself back.

You couldn't handle it anymore, you ran out and didn't notice Draco as you walked past him.

Draco felt like a winner yet he pitied you, he didn't want to see you crying or hurting. He took a peak at Harry, he smirked as Harry got pissed off at the sight that stared back at him.

"Now that she's free for grabs, thanks Potter," Draco let out a snide comment at Harry and the latter tried his best to restrain himself.

Draco however, was only thinking about you, so he decided to follow you. He kept himself hidden and observed you from afar.

You decided to take a stroll near the black lake in hopes to clear your mind. You didn't understand why Harry did that, you felt hurt as you weren't expecting something like this. You had your happily-ever-after plans with him but somehow, remembering these things was making you tear up more. You stopped in your tracks and sighed heavily. You took a seat on the ground and picked up some pebbles. You weren't feeling it, so you just threw them weakly toward the water.

"I love you," you mockingly said while you threw a pebble.

"Why pursue me if you can't stick with your choice!?" you angrily said out loud and threw a slightly big rock at the water. You were about to get splashed but the droplets stopped mid-way.

"It's cold today, you don't want to get wet this season, unless..."  Draco teased.

"Why are you here Draco?" you instinctively said as you faced him.

He let the droplets back in the lake and sat next to you.

"You sure you're sitting here? Your pants might get dirty..." You asked while looking at him, no sarcasm at all.

He chuckled a bit and touched your face. You slightly leaned away from his hand unexpectedly thinking you were gonna get hurt. Both of you were surprised, you didn't mean to flinch away...

"Sorry," he said embarrassed but he was trying to hide it.

"No, it's okay..." you said looking back at the water.