"Well Mr Scamander, it's time for you to leave," he said and Newt pressed one more kiss to Betty's lips before she let go of him in a moment of weakness. He got in the carriage, taking one last look at Betty through teary eyes as he flew off.

Betty screamed, collapsing onto her knees and sobbing into her hands as she watched him leave the premises for the last time ever.

Dumbeldore approached her, crouching down to her height and wrapping an arm around her shoulder and helping her up.

"You should go to bed Elizabeth," he said as he helped her up to her dorm, "I'll tell the teachers you'll start lessons again Monday," he explained as she walked off into her dorm.

The other girls in her dorm were all asleep as she curled into a ball, crying her eyes out and crying herself to sleep.

☆☆☆

The 22 year old Betty walked along the streets of New York City, looking for MACUSA.

She had been transferred from The Ministey of Magic to America after the war. It was 1919 and the place was a mess so she had been transferred for some kind of inter counter thing. Betty walked into the door and she walked around the corridors, a little bit lost.

"Hey, are you one of the transfers?" The woman asked, a New York Accent evident as she spoke. Betty nodded her head.

"Yeah, I'm Betty Prewett, do you know where the Department for the Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures is?" she asked and the woman with short brown hair nodded.

"Sure, I can help, I'm Tina Goldstein from the aurors department by the way." She explained and the two walked to the door.

Tina helped her towards the room as they talked. The two stood outside the departments main office.

"Hey, you want to come round mine this afternoon, my sister probably won't mind," Tina asked, handing Betty her apartment number before walking off.

Betty opened the door to the apartment where Tina was waiting

"Hey Tina," she said as she waved to her.

"Please Mrs Esposito, I don't need a new roommate, we have the money," She pleaded, waving at Betty as she walked towards her.

"What about her?" The old lady asked and Tina smiled, looking back at Betty with puppy dog eyes.

"Come on Betty, It'll be fun!" Tina said and she thought about it for a second.

Betty thought about the idea of living with a stranger but she was going to be living with 3 other roomates in a different and more expensive place.

"Sure, I don't want to be a hindrance though," she stated and Tina shook her head, grabbing Bettys wrist and practically dragging her upstairs.

"No, nonsense, Queenie will love you," she said as she opened up the door to their apartment.

"Tina, you got us a housemate!" A pretty blonde woman said as she turned the corner. "And she works at MACUSA, that's lovely," she said and Betty narrowed her eyes at the woman.

"You're a Legilimens," Betty stated and the blonde woman laughed.

"Nice spotted Honey, I'm Queenie," the blonde said and Betty nodded her head.

"I'm Betty," she said and Tina guided her to the room with three beds in it.

"You can stay on this one on the far right or stay in the guest suite, you're choice," she said and Betty nodded her head.

"Yeah that's fine by me," she said before Queenie yelled out from the kitchen.

"Betty, you like pie?" Queenie asked and she smiled, realising she hadn't eaten in hours.

"Of course," she yelled back, smiling to herself as she thought about the events of today. Betty knew that these would be friends that would stay with her for years.

Hiya,

Quick Authors Note, there will be the occasional authors notes at the end of chapters but you don't need to read them unless you want to know updates or random stuff I want to share or ask.

So, I thought that I would just say that I hated that bit about Tina and Queenie but I needed to explain how they met, but I actually was in love with the first two parts of the story.

Thank you so much for reading and I hope that you enjoy the rest of the story, please vote and comment on the chapters if you like them.