☆☆☆

She sat outside Black's office with Leta as they waited for him to decide what was going to happen to Newt.

He had taken the blame for Leta's experiment with the Jarvey endangered one of the other students. Betty was so worried she didn't talk to anyone, not even Leta as she tried to explain what had happened.

They were only 16, they had one year left and Leta could have just ruined it all.

Headmaster Black exited the room, Dumbeldore closely following him, pleading him to reconsider as the two walked off.

Newt left the room after them, a sad look on his face as he looked at the two girls shaking his head.

Leta ran off and for once nobody went to follow her. Newt and Betty just stood staring at one another, tears streaming down their cheeks as they didn't dare to say anything.

She sobbed, running up to him and wrapping her arms around his neck, burying her head in the crook of his neck.

He cried onto her shoulder, his arms wrapped around her waist as they stood in front of the door, sobs audible for what felt like miles.

"You don't have to do this Puff, you could stay," she suggested, her voice cracking at the end as she looked up at him through tears eyes. Her 5'4 stature nothing to his growing 5'11 one.

"We both know I can't do that, the punishment for Leta would be even worse," he explained and she sighed, resting her head against his chest as she tried to understand that he was right.

Dumbeldore cleared his throat, alerting the teens to his presence. "Headmaster Black requested you to pack your bags by tonight, he has a carriage to take you home at 9pm," he stated and Betty cried even more, the tears soaking his cloak as her hands gripped his robes, trying to calm herself down.

That night Leta didn't arrive, Betty assumed that he had already said goodbye to her as Betty walked with Dumbeldore to the courtyard where a carriage was waiting for them.

Newt was placing his bags in the carriage and he turned to look at Betty.

She ran up to him, wrapping her arms around his back again, her head resting on his chest as they stood waiting for Headmaster Black to send him off.

"You know at the end of last year it was you I smelt in that Amortentia," he explained and she smiled.

Betty pulled away from him so she could look up at his face, his hands still resting on her back as she smiled at him.

"You were the one that I didn't want to admit to everyone, that shampoo in your hair," she stated and he laughed, looking down at her lips as a serious look appeared on his face.

"Just kiss me already Scamander," she said, grabbing his tie slightly and pulling him towards her. He laughed, kissing her gently.

It was their second kiss but it felt new, fresh. He pulled away only to smile and look down at her. Newt laughed to himself, pulling her in for another kiss, this one was so much more urgent. Her hand went to the nape of his neck to pull him even closer to her.

They didn't stop. One of his hands on the small of her back and the other on her cheek.

They pulled away, both panting lightly as she rested her head on his chest again.

"I'll come with you," Betty whispered and he shook his head.

"I couldn't do that to you," he whispered and she started to cry again when she saw the headmaster walking towards them.