(2) Affection

Y/n had been in plenty of toxic relationships. None of which ever actually showed affection unless they wanted something from her. In result, she didn't exactly know how to take affection or real love.

Now, y/n had recently started dating frontman of the Arctic Monkeys, Alex Turner. Things had been going great. Honestly. He was amazing and she could already tell she was falling hard.

That day, she'd been working particularly hard. Getting yelled at by her boss, difficult clients, complicated paper work, staring at her computer screen for quite some time. She decided to go to Alex's house, hoping he could cheer her up.

Once she'd arrived at his flat, he stood from where he was sitting on the settee and engulfed her in a hug. Taken aback by the sudden affection and seemingly out of nowhere, she didn't really know what to do. Her stomach filled with butterflies and she hugged back a bit hesitantly.

Once he'd pulled away, she felt cold, missing his warmth immediately. "Come on, love" he said quietly and sat back down. She sat across the settee, not wanting to bother him. Alex groaned and beckoned y/n with his hands. "Y/nnnnnnnn!" He whined.

She looked at him with a confused face. "What, love?" He made grabby hands. She was even more confused now. "Come here and let me cuddle you." She felt butterflies once more. "D'you need something?" She said, usually expecting something.

Alex could feel his heart sink a little bit. He still couldn't believe that anybody could treat such a sweet creature the way she'd been treated. He scooted closer and pulled her by her waist gently and moved her so she was basically on top of him.

He wrapped his arms around her and kissed her temple gently. Y/n froze for a little, but then wrapped her arms around him tightly. He smiled as she did.  She closed her eyes and inhaled his scent, instant comfort taking over her. She could feel the warmth from earlier and the familiar butterflies came back.

Alex grabbed a blanket that was on the floor and covered themselves with it. He rested his chin on top of her head gently as she held her face in the crook of his neck.

Y/n fell asleep pretty quickly, followed by Alex. They stayed in each other's arms for the rest of the night.

A/N: thoughts?