Chapter Four: Foes

Br'aad took a seat at the wooden table as the last three of the fated situated themselves. Mountain smashed his hand across the table.

"I can't believe this." Mountain's voice rose so loud Br'aad was sure the whole tavern could hear. "How could Sylnan betray us like this? How come we didn't know he was still communicating with that demon."

"Maybe the demon just overtook him or-" Taxi began.

"It doesn't matter. Hilltree is dead. And his blood, it's on Sylnan's hands." Mountain slammed his infinite flask down before taking a long sip.

"Mountian's right, those drawings we found in his room was definitely something he knew about and didn't tell us. He killed Hilltree. We need to find him and, well, take care of him." Velrisa rose her voice.

Br'aad quickly glazed over her idea to kill Sylnan, not giving anyone a chance to reject it. "But where can we find him? He did get injured when I- you know- stabbed him. Maybe he's at a healer's place?"

"Look, I understand how important this is but we need to get some rest to be ready for a fight. Who knows who Sylnan has under his thumb." Taxi looked across the party, a weary expression crossing his feline features.

"Good idea, but, what are we going to do about Hilltree?" Br'aad frowned, a smirk behind his lips.
Mountain gave a long sigh, burying his head in his arms. Velrisa sat up straighter, tears still reddened the corners of her eyes. "We can burn the body in the morning like a proper funeral. Wake up early."

Vel stands up, wishing a good night and makes her way to her room. Taxi goes next, then Mountain. Leaving Br'aad to be by himself with his thoughts. He had killed his brother. His only surviving blood.

For now.

But words are stronger than blood, as Ob'nockshai had said. He'd get through this. He would bring back what was lost.

Br'aad would be the hero of this story.