Chapter Four: Disguises

"No. No way, no how, never."

Toshi snickered at Ryo's intense pouting. "Oh relax, sis. It'll be fine."

He watched as she eyed him scornfully while also glancing away. The two were leaned up against the auburn-colored dormitory of Yuuei, and as desperate as Ryo appeared to go home, she was completely rejecting all of Toshi's ideas. Or rather, the one idea he was repeatedly suggesting. 

"Let me run this through you one more time. You want to leave this place, right?"

"You're playing with me. Stop," she warned, knowing exactly what would happen if she answered. Typical of her brother to try making a fool of her at every possible moment.

He ran a hand through his already-smooth hair. "I'm not. But I don't see any other options. Unless laying down and crying sounds good enough to you."

She scowled at him but then relented. "Okay, fine. But we are never-"

"-doing this again. We won't."

Somehow, his encouragement, as sketchy and risky as he generally was, reassured her. She smiled, even if it was just a small one, and stood up straighter. Now this was the Ryo he knew.

"Let's see," she murmured, glancing at the window. She gave it a nudge, but as expected, it was locked. A look passed between the twins.

"The door?" she suggested hopefully, but the answer already hung in the air between them. If the windows were locked, the door would be too. And this was a hero school, of course it would be heavily secured. 

Toshi walked past her and gripped the ledge, which glowed orange and encased his hand with a sunset hue. After a moment, the entire frame, along with the glass, fell straight out and onto the grass below. Ryo gaped at him.

"How'd you do that?" she asked, awe in her eyes. 

"I used my telekinesis to unscrew the screws. It wasn't that hard," he mumbled, climbing through the rectangular hole he'd created. Ryo followed suit, and they surveyed the room. Hot pink splashed with stripes of slinky black was the frequent pattern of everything their eyes laid upon- the furniture, cushions, and even the vanity.

"Colorful," Toshi hummed. 

Ryo walked around, her curiosity tingling. She passed by a few polaroid photos tacked around an onyx-colored mirror. Familiar pink hair and small, jagged horns took up most of them, along with a few images of other recognizable faces, all of them too young to be true.

Toshi peeked over her shoulder and smirked. "Either they have a huge obsession with Mina-san or..."

"...this is her room." Ryo completed for him. 

He nodded appreciatively at the makeup and contacts scattered across the smooth dresser. "We've hit the jackpot. There's everything we need, in one place."

Ryo cautiously picked up an open tube of lip gloss and stared at it meticulously. "We need to have similar looks if we're going to pass as siblings."

"Who says? It'll be a miracle if I didn't have to call you my sibling," he snorted, already stabbing a few wild colored contacts into his eyes.

She rolled her eyes and set the tube down. "I'm serious."

"Aren't you always?"

Ryo sighed. "Fine, do whatever you please. But since you aren't my brother, I don't need to introduce you. You can introduce yourself like a normal human-"

"So, sis. Which hair dye do you want to try?"

"That's what I thought," she said smugly. Toshi groaned at her satisfied look but was secretly glad she would be taking over in the whole talking department. He had no business interacting with any other students and honestly didn't like interacting with other people at all. He could hardly stand his overly-righteous sister, with her exaggerated heroic attitude and hatred of curse words...