Chapter 12: Training and Chess

Start from the beginning

                Draven then moved his Knight into position in order to prevent Sebas's King from being able to escape. "Your move Sebas." Draven said with a hint of confidence in his voice. "Well played Lord Draven, but not well played enough." Sebas said as Draven gave him a confused look until he noticed that his King was wide open to Sebas's Queen. Sebas moves his Queen, eliminating his King from the game. Draven let out a sigh of disappointment at his own oversight. "Good game as always Sebas." Draven said as he held his hand out towards the butler as he shook his hand in fairness of being bested.

"Your skills have improved greatly since the first time we played Lord Draven, it's only a matter of time until you best me." Sebas said as he gave the young Lord a gentle smile. "Every defeat is a chance to better yourself, I use these failures as a way to better myself." Draven said as he returned Sebas's smile before the butler got up and put away the chess set. "Lord Draven, you still have plenty of time to improve. Your still a child after all." Sebas said as Draven let out a sigh. "I know Sebas, I do appreciate being able to have the ability to live a normal life. At the same time I feel the need to improve myself." Draven said as he looked at Sebas.

               "I believe everyone has the desire to improve themselves Lord Draven, but one should never let that feeling consume them." Sebas said as he looked down at the young child. "I suppose your right Sebas, I'll try to move at a slower pace, although it may take awhile for me to adapt." Draven said as he got out of his chair before stretching his body. Draven was about to take his leave when he bumped into someone. "Oh! Lord Draven, my apologies!" Draven looked up to see a blonde haired human girl in a maid outfit standing in front of him.

 "Oh! Lord Draven, my apologies!" Draven looked up to see a blonde haired human girl in a maid outfit standing in front of him

           Draven looked up at Tuare as he had always found the human girl to be pleasant company. "That's quite alright Tuare, I was not paying attention." Draven said as he gave the maid a reassuring smile. "My apologies Lord Draven, but I have urgent work to attend to. Tuare would you please accompany Lord Draven?" Sebas said as he looked over at the human girl. "Of course Sebas, allow me to assist you Lord Draven." Tuare said as the young Lord nodded his head as he and Tuare made their way down the hallway.

In Draven's Workshop
Tuare looked around Draven's workspace in wonder at all the magic related items lining the walls. "I'm sorry Lord Draven, I fear I won't be of much use to you in the magical field." Tuare said as she bowed to Draven in apology. "Tuare, there is no need for apology, your company is much appreciated." Draven said as he looked over his shoulder at the maid. Tuare looked down at her feet as a small smile spread across her face. "That makes me very happy Lord Draven, it's nice to know that someone besides Sebas likes me." Tuare said as Draven fully turned to look at her.

               "Tuare, I'm sure the others will eventually come to see you for who you really are, just give it time." Draven said as he tried to put the girl's mind at ease. "Your very kind Lord Draven, but unlike you I'm not of much use to anyone." Tuare said as her eyes took on a sad look to them. Draven then got out of his chair and walked right up to the human maid. "If that's the case then please let me make one selfish request Tuare. Would you become my assistant here in the workshop? I would enjoy both the company and the help." Draven said as Tuare's eyes widened in surprise at the young Lord's words.

                  "Are you sure Lord Draven? Wouldn't there be better candidates for this task?" Tuare asked with an uncertain tone in her voice. "I don't mind teaching you how everything works, I'm learning how I go at the moment. We can help one another." Draven said as he smiled at Tuare, who returned the gesture. "I would be honored to assist you Lord Draven." Tuare said as Draven led her over to his work table as he placed another chair next to his own as he and Tuare set to work. Draven spent the next hour walking Tuare through the basics of potion making and safety when handling dangerous ingredients.

             Solution and Narberal we're both heading towards Draven's workspace as they both wanted to check on him. "Lord Draven really mustn't be left alone with those dangerous materials." Solution said with worry present in her voice as she looked down the hall. "While I agree with you, we must respect Lord Draven's wishes to want and practice new forms of magic." Narberal said calmly, but Solution could tell she was just as worried as she was. The two maids finally reached the workshop and entered.

               Solution and Narberal were surprised to see Tuare sitting next to Draven as they both were working at the table side by side. "Lord Draven?" Narberal said as the young Lord looked from his work and looked at the two maids. "Oh! Solution and Narberal, Tuare and I are a just finishing up. What can I do for you?" Draven said as he removed his work gloves from his hands and placed them on the table. "Lord Draven, why is Tuare here?" Solution asked as she eyed the human maid closely. "I requested that she become my assistant when working here. I thought it would be in my best interest to have someone help me." Draven explained as both maids nodded their heads in understanding at Draven's explanation.

             Tuare was currently walking down the hall after she finished helping Lord Draven with a small smile on her face. "Tuare, do you have a moment?" Tuare turned and was surprised to see Narberal and Solution approaching her. "Yes Narberal? How may I help you?" Tuare asked as she tried to remain calm. Solution walked up to Tuare before placing her hands on the human girl's shoulders. "Please take care of Lord Draven when your assisting him. If he were to get hurt, I don't know what we would do." Solution said in a surprisingly desperate tone for someone like her.

             Tuare immediately relaxed at Solution's words before smiling. "I promise to keep him safe, I would never want Lord Draven to be injured as well." Tuare said as she placed a hand on Solution's shoulder. "Thank you, I suppose your tolerable for a human." Solution said in a neutral tone, but Tuare caught a ghost of a smile on the slime's face. "Thank you Tuare, we leave this to you. If anything happens please get us immediately." Narberal said as a ghost of a smile was on her face as well. Tuare watched the two maids go as she couldn't help, but think that Lord Draven might just be right after all.

So now we got to see Draven train with Cocytus and play chess with Sebas. Also yes Draven's secondary weapon will be a Rapier as I feel like it would be good for him to be skilled in more then just magic. Although magic will still be his primary form of attack. Also when do all of you think I should timeskip to when Draven is older? It doesn't have to be soon I'm just curious. What will Draven experience next in Nazarick? What will he accomplish next? What will Nazarick's next move be? Find out in the next chapter of Overlord: Child of the Library!