Story #5-Amnesia

No song, so have a meme

-Creeper001

Techno was staring blankly at his computer screen. He had completely zoned out, until his alarm went off. Picking up his phone, he glanced at the time. Without realizing it, he'd stayed up all night, again. With a groan, he went to his bathroom to get ready for the day. Dad had probably already left for work and Wil would wake up soon. After running a hand through his messy hair, he headed into the kitchen to start breakfast. Nothing too crazy, just some toast and eggs for his brothers. Setting the food in the microwave, he started coffee for himself. He didn't really enjoy the taste, but he was honestly too tired to care.

"You're up early," Wil yawned, "Tommy not up yet?"

"I couldn't sleep, and no," Techno replied, "Want a mug?"

"I thought you hated coffee. If you're really that tired, then head back to bed. I can take Tommy to school."

"Nah, I'm fine. You focus on your studies."

"If you say so."

The morning passed relatively normally, but Techno's insomnia was affecting him more than normal, and the pair was starting to catch on. With a smile, he'd dismiss their concerns, but he knew that he couldn't hide it for much longer. Downing his third coffee that morning, he and Tommy got into his car.

"Are you sure that you're ok? You seem even more dead than normal, and I didn't even think that was possible coming from you."

Techno just flashed him a small smile, "Yeah, I'm fine. Stop worrying about me." Techno's temporary distraction caused the car to go slightly out of lane, but he quickly readjusted that. "I'm just a little tired, that's all."

Once Techno dropped Tommy off at school, he started struggling to keep his eyes open. "Should I pull over and take a nap? Nah, I might oversleep and Wil get worried. Besides, how hard can it be to not fall asleep?"

Techno started on his way back, and before he could even process what happened, he was upside down. He quickly got out of the car, shock keeping him awake long enough to call an ambulance. He felt fine but you could honestly never tell when in the state he was. With a sigh, he sat down on the grass and closed his eyes.

When he next awoke, he was in a bed, with a familiar face next to him asleep. He reached out and woke him up, "E-excuse me? D-do I know you?"

Phil snapped his attention to his son, "Techno I'm so glad you're awake I-" Phil paused, "I'm your Dad. Do you not remember me?"

"N-no? I-I'm sorry.."