Sixteen

"I'm so sorry...I didn't see the wet spot." Arya apologised profusely, kneeling down near Mia who just slipped on the floor.

"Couldn't you have been more careful at moping?!" Taehyung hollered making Arya flinch. His face held anger as he pushed her away taking her place to aid Mia.

Tears burned her eyes but she held them back. Arya didn't do it intentionally. She could never be cruel to hurt somebody voluntarily.

She stood up from the floor as Taehyung checked for any signs of damage on Mia's foot and walked out. Her shift was done. She usually stayed with Taehyung and left with him but ever since Mia came into his life, Arya couldn't stand them together.

The weather was more chilly than usual. Arya stood at the bus stop waiting for the bus to arrive. The sky was dark and the clouds roared ready to pour down. There were little to no people around.

Arya wrapped her arms around herself, as a cold breeze hit her. She shivered visibly at the harsh wind.

All of a sudden, she felt warmth engulfing her. She looked down and found a coat on her shoulder.

"So careless." Taehyung mumbled grabbing her attention. Arya looked up to find him standing beside her.

"What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be with Mia?" Arya asked, looking away feeling guilty.

"She's fine." He paused, sighing. "I'm sorry for yelling at you. I just can't stand seeing Mia hurt."

Arya nodded, looking away. A few moments of silence passed.

"Are you just going to stand here?"

"The street is almost empty and it's getting dark. Do you think I'll leave a fragile thing like you all alone?"

"I'm not fragile." Arya huffed, folding her arms across her chest. Taehyung chuckled as it began to rain, drop by drop. Just then, Arya caught the familiar sight of the bus arriving.

"It's here." Arya said taking off the coat.

"Keep it with you. I don't want you shaking like a leaf under the cold and I certainly don't want you to get sick."

* * *

Arya looked down at the coat in her hands. She never returned it to him. It was as new as she last remembered. His scent faded away in all those years of sitting in her wardrobe but everytime her eyes landed on the piece of clothing, she was remembered of that night.

At some point, it gave her comfort on lonely nights. She couldn't depend on it anymore. She had to let go.

Holding the coat in her hand, she knocked on Taehyung's door. It opened revealing Taehyung wearing glasses and suit over his pajamas.

"Am I disturbing something?" Arya asked. Taehyung shook his head, taking off his glasses.

"I just got off a meeting. Come inside." He said opening the door wide.

"I just came to give this back." Taehyung's eyes fell on the coat in her hands. His small smile dropped, gradually.

"I found it in my closet while packing. I'm sorry I kept it for so-"

"You are leaving so soon?" Taehyung asked, his voice sad and small.

"I have a flight this Sunday."

Sunday. There were only two days left. Taehyung didn't know he would have so little time with Arya. The truth was he had all the time in the world but just when she was going to leave, he had to see light.