One

Every night, Arya stood under the fluorescence light of the moon, yearning to feel his arms around her.

On frosty nights, she wished he pulled her closer under the sheets and kept her warm.

On a lousy day, she craved for his fingers to graze her cheek while his eyes stared into her's with assurance, whispering 'Every thing is going to be okay.'

All her wishes were too much to come true, and Arya knew it from the beginning that expecting an ounce of love from her husband was absurd. So, she imagined it instead.

Standing by the window of her room, Arya imagined him holding her hand while peering at the lovely moon.

She imagined him telling her about his day. She imagined it a million times, and she hadn't felt more pathetic in her existence, but the comfort of it soothed her to sleep at night. It pushed her through the days when she lost hope.

Everyone advised her to walk away. They said he would never have a change of heart and that he would never accept her as his wife.

They were all right. Arya might never occupy a meaningful place in her husband's heart, but she stuck around for two years and a two more shouldn't hurt.

The ringing of the door bell shattered the silence of the night. Arya was on her feet, climbing down the stairs and dashing towards the front door. She unlocked it, expecting to face Taehyung and his usual apathetic eyes.

Instead, there was Jungkook with a subconscious Taehyung hanging onto his shoulder. His lips mumbled incoherent words, but certainly, they weren't nonsense. If Arya paid attention to what he was mumbling, it would leave her as hurt as ever.

"What happened?" She asked as her heartbeat picked up. Jungkook's reluctance to answer gave it away.

"He went there again, didn't he?" Her voice wavered.

Jungkook nodded regretfully as a wave of agony struck her chest. She looked down to her feet, battling the tears threatening to fall.

The man she loved was still in love with his ex-girlfriend. He went to places where he missed her the most, but Arya asked every single time, hoping to hear a different response. It was yet to happen and would possibly never happen.

"This idiot never realises." Jungkook spoke, agitated. "Why do you stay?"

Arya wished she had a genuine answer. An answer that wouldn't make people think she was holding on to a damaged relationship. There was no relationship to begin with. All the love between them was from her. All the care was from her. She gave and gave, hoping he would return it someday.

"Thanks for taking care of him, Jungkook." Arya expressed gratitude but left his question unanswered.

She pulled Taehyung's arm over her shoulder as most of his body weight leaned on her. His intoxicated breath hit her face and the smell of alcohol made her nose scrunch in distaste.

Arya stumbled on her way to Taehyung's room and placed him on the bed. Taking off his shoes and easing his collar, she pulled the sheets up to his chin.

He looked so peaceful, and it was a rare sight because all he did was glare at her. She gently ran her fingers through his soft, brown locks and traced his handsome features with her knuckles.

Sober Taehyung would raise hell before letting his wife ten-feet near him. His dislike for her ran so deep that at times, the way he looked at her made her feel she wasn't worth a dime.

Arya stayed beside him for a few more minutes, etching every detail of his face into her mind, for it could be the closest she could get to reality with him.

She stood up from the bed, about to leave when his hand clutched her wrist halting her steps. She glanced back and found his eyes still closed. His lips parted and whispered.

"Stay." There was an edge of desperation in his tone. "Don't leave me, Mia."

It felt as though someone stuck a hot knife right into her heart repeatedly and every time the pain intensified.

Taking a deep breath, Arya once again fought the tears to keep them at bay, but one betrayed and fell down her cheek. She quickly wiped it away before freeing herself from Taehyung's grip.

How many times had she been hurt? A hundred? Thousand? She lost count long ago. Heartbreak became a routine.

You would think it would get better over time and that you would become immune to the pain. Instead the wound reopened and hurt ten times more.

Closing the door to Taehyung's room, Arya turned around to leave but froze. Taehyung's father stood in the corridor.

"Did the doorbell wake you up? It's just Taehyung." She reassured him, hoping he wouldn't notice her teary eyes.

"He's drunk again, isn't he?" Taehyung's father asked with pursed lips and Arya forced a smile.

"He must be at a friend's party. I'm happy he's having fun and not overloading himself with work all the time." The lie flew through her lips so smoothly.

"How long are you going to make excuses for him?" He charged in a distressed tone.

"Dad, we have to understand. It's not easy for him to get over someone he has loved for so long."

"Two years." He stated. "Taehyung had two years to restart his life. He has a woman who loves him as much as his mother had. I think you have understood and endured enough. Don't you think it's his turn now?"

Only Taehyung could the answer that question.

"Every person has their own pace of healing, dad. Forcing him to fasten up the process will lead to more wounds."

Arya walked past Taehyung's dad, bidding him good night, and entered her room. She glared at her bed.

Empty and cold,

Sheets soaked with her tears,

Cradled so many of her sleepless nights.