'C and F, F and C'

Starts in the arena.

'C and F, F and C'

Casey Miller had moved quickly. She had grabbed a backpack and a sword, then slithered up a tree. But now, it seemed as though the District Four girl had company. She poked her head through the leaves to see a girl with fine blonde hair in a braid and cerulean eyes, like her own, climbing up the tree. Casey recognized the girl, Fiona Miller.

Heh. Coincidence they had the same last name. But now Fiona was going to die. As Fiona settled herself on a branch, Casey leapt down, like a panther. Fiona noticed her, eyes widening in fear. She inched away.

"One more move and the cannon fires," hissed Casey, maliciously enjoying the younger girl's fear.

"Oh, you wouldn't kill one of your own blood, would you, Casey?" The voice of the Head Gamemaker boomed out.

Casey stiffened. "Just because we have the same last name doesn't mean we're related!" She called out confidently, with all the fierceness she could muster.

Fiona was surprised too. She did not want to be related to this... murderer.

"Or does it?" Fletcher Higgins called out once more. "Casey, meet Fiona. Fiona, meet Casey. C and F, F and C. Heh, nice ring to it. Meet your long lost sister."

"No!" roared Casey, but she was starting to doubt they weren't sisters. They both could see the obvious resemblance. Bright teal almond shaped eyes, a ski-slope nose, the same pale complexion. The difference was that Casey's hair was short and light brown instead of long and blonde.

"Yes." Fiona replied quietly. "So think twice before killing me."

Casey rolled her eyes. "Fine. Go. But if I ever see you again, I won't be as sweet. Skedaddle."

Fiona obeyed, scurrying down the tree and running deeper into the woods. But Casey, in her mind, was beginning to like the idea of a long lost sister.