Glimmer

Okay, so I know Clove and Cato are meant to be, but Glimmer is Glimmer, and she gets her way.

*Glimmer POV*

I race off my platform and bullet straight to the cornucopia. I see that girl Katniss eyeing the silver bow and arrows- but that's mine. I'm a Career from District One. Everything is mine. MINE. I like the sound of that.

I grab a knife and hurl it at a thin boy who is heading for my stuff- my bow and arrows, gleaming silver. The knife is impaled in his neck, and he falls to the ground. I smile, but in a cruel, wicked, sadistic way. Can't beat me.

I snatch up my bow and arrows and whatever else I can find- food, water, matchsticks, tents, and more importantly, weapons.

Cato, Clove, Marvel, Peeta and the District Four girl are piling up everything from the cornucopia. Clove is talking sweetly with Cato, and I ball my hands into fists. He's mine, bitch.

We head off to find a water source, kill some tributes- the usual.

Later, when dawn begins to come, I spot a flickering, dancing flame. I kneel down beside Cato and shake him gently to wake him, then I slap Clove across the face to wake her. Then I rouse the others.

"Someone started a fire," I whisper maliciously, a wicked gleam in my blue eyes. I point in the direction where the stupid, stupid fire-starter must be.

We charge. I see the girl, asleep by the mesmerizing, entrancing fire. She wakes up in an instant, seeing us. "Please! No! Don't kill me!" She pleads. "I'll help you! Please! I'll help you and sort out your supplies and-"

I slashed my knife and cut her arm off.

She stopped making offers, letting out an agonized scream. We all laugh. "Congrats, Glimmer." Cato says, and my heart absolutely melts.

"Yeah, congrats." Clove says venomously.

"Twelve down, eleven to go!" I crow, bringing a round of appreciative hoots. But Clove stands there, glaring daggers.

"Better clear out so they can get the body before it starts stinking," Cato says, smirking. We move away from the dead girl after we take the little supplies she has.

"Shouldn't we have heard a cannon by now?" asks the girl from District Four, Amethyst. The boy from there died at the cornucopia, and we left the boy from District Three to guard our things.

"I'd say yes. Nothing to prevent them from going in immediately." adds Marvel.

"Unless she isn't dead." says Clove snootily, shooting me a superior look.

"She's dead. I stuck her myself." I narrow my eyes.

"Then where's the cannon?" Clove smirks.

"Someone should go back. Make sure the job's done." Marvel chips in.

An argument breaks out, but Peeta, poor, naïve, Peeta silences us.

-Later-

A piercing pain shoots through my arm, waking me up. My eyes fly open to see a swarm of tracker jackers. Oh no. It's chaos. People are screeching "To the lake! To the lake!"

I try to swat them off with my bow, but it's useless. Another sting. Another. I hear screaming, and I vaguely know that it is me. Amethyst is struggling away. I call for help. But I fall, crumbling. Pain. Searing pain. Blinding me. My life flashes before my eyes, but those are just hallucinations. I cry out, choked, "Cato." I whisper his name for the last time. Then the venom works its magic. I fall silent, darkness covering me.

I'm not dead yet. Why can't I die? I can sense Katniss Everdeen- stupid Katniss- trying to get my bow and arrows. No. Mine. I can't move my huge fingers. My body has swelled up. I'm as good as dead.

I vaguely hear the cannon fire and my heartbeats stops.

And I am dead.