I tried to think of his last name and realized that I never learned it. "I don't know. I didn't think knowing his last name was important. It's not like I was planning on talking to him ever again." Even though I literally challenged him yesterday. Brilliant move, Rylee. You just couldn't back down.

Anne pointed at me. "When we get to school, you are going to point him out. I need to know who this guy is."

"Why? He's not important."

"If the thought of dating him is so hilarious to you, I want to see him for myself."

"I'm following you guys today. This is just too interesting." Jackson agreed.

I rolled my eyes. "Okay, whatever. It's not like I can stop you."

The rest of the way to school I walked as slow as possible. Anne and Jackson would make me look for him the moment we arrived, so I decided to make us late so we would have to go to class. I wasn't sure why I was avoiding it. Maybe it was because of that challenge yesterday.

Thanks to my brilliant slowness, we got to school late. I was fine having a tardy. It was for a good cause. Anne wasn't too happy about it and ran to class after blaming me (rightly so). Jackson just shrugged and walked off.

I hoped they would both forget about it by lunch, but sadly, that wasn't the case. They were both waiting by my locker, ready to force me to show them who I was stuck with.

When I saw this, they hadn't spotted me yet. I stopped mid-step and decided to be a chicken. I turned to slip away, but bumped right into someone. It took me by surprise and I stumbled back with an unattractive 'oof'.

"Blind much, sweetheart?"

I glared up at Kason. Of course he's the one I bump into. The universe hates me. "In my way much?" I shot back. It didn't sound like a good come back without an annoying nickname, but I didn't have one for him at the moment.

"Where are you off to in such a rush?" He asked, scanning me over.

"Nowhere. It's not like it's your business anyway." I stepped around him. Anne and Jackson were going to spot us. "I hope you have a sucky day, Kason."

He laughed. "And here I was expecting so much from you. You sounded so confident when you challenged me yesterday. But I'm disappointed, truly."

I set a glare on him. "Challenging you was a stupid thing to do. I don't think it's a good idea for me to be around you. I should've just left it alone."

Kason grinned. "So you're giving up?"

"What? No. I just regret it. But I'm not backing down... Smokey."

He raised an eyebrow. "Smokey?"

My cheeks flushed in embarrassment. "It's- that's your annoying nickname. You have  one for me."

"It's not exactly creative, is it?" He pointed out helpfully. Not.

"Neither is sweetheart." I suddenly saw Anne from the corner of my eye staring at me, her jaw dropped. She was being a bit dramatic. But Jackson had the same expression. Great. "Well, it's been lovely, but I'm going to take off now." I turned on my heel.

But I was abruptly tugged to a stop as Kason grabbed the back of my back pack. "Slow down, Rylee."

I turned back to him, now feeling beyond annoyed. "What now?" I did my best not to snap. That would count as me cracking, meaning I would lose the challenge.

"You can't leave me so disappointed." He said, giving me a meaningful look.

"Oh, really?" He wanted to be annoyed? I would deliver. "Fine. Hold your hands up really quick."