I then looked around one more time and still saw no one nearby.

"I'm dreaming right?" I asked myself

I then pinched myself and felt a small bit of pain. I was so confused. I crouched down and poked the money and it was real.

"What?!" I asked out loud

I stood back up and backed away from it. I then kicked it and I accidentally kicked it in my apartment. Now my apartment isn't safe.

I slowly inched to it as I didn't trust it. I kicked it back out the door and then just watched it.

'Wait what am I doing?'

I went to it and crouched. I poked it a few times and then finally picked it up. I got up and went into my apartment, closing the door. I put it down on the table and sat on the couch.

I stared at it and had my hands together and in front of my lips as my elbows were on my knees. I just stared at it.

'Where the HELL did you come from and are you dangerous??'

I then heard laughing outside my door and I got up quick and ran to my door. I opened it and looked outside quickly only to see no body. I closed my door then opened it real quick but still no one.

I got suspicious and closed the door. I turned back to the money and it still sat in the same place. I hummed suspiciously and then realized something.

"I CAN BUY FOOD!!" I cheered," YES! FINALLY I WON'T STARVE!!"

Just as I said that my stomach grumbled and I smiled brightly. I grabbed my backpack and the money and shoved it in. I closed it and rushed out the door and to the elevator.

'Finally I'll have dinner or even just some apples! My luck is starting to turn around!'

I was so excited and once the elevator stopped an opened, my landlord appeared. He looked at me and didn't look pissed off at least.

"Where are you going so happy?" He asked

"Oh uh? I was gonna go buy some food or eat out somewhere." I replied

I tried to move past him but he blocked my way.

"Ya know, these elevators need a little bit of fixin up..." he said evilly

All the joy in my face faded and I frowned.

"Well then you should start fixing..? Heh...heh..." I said hoping he'd let me pass

"No I need a repair man!" He said and then put out his arm," hand it over."

I sighed as I knew he wouldn't let me go until I gave it to him. I took off my backpack in defeat and sneakily kept at least five dollars. I gave him the rest and he smirked.

"Thank you for you kind donation." He sneered and moved out of the way

I walked out in defeat as he chuckled proud. Once I was outside I took out the five dollars and thought about what I should get and how wisely I should use it. I walked down the side walk and was thinking till I heard raspy coughing.

I looked so see a homeless man sitting in a cardboard box with an old tin can. He looked sick and old, probably having a more horrible life than me. I looked at the money then at him then the money then him.

'Food doesn't matter.'

I went to him and he saw me. I saw his tin can only had a few pennies. I put the five dollars in and smiled at him. He gave me a warm smile and thanked me.