Chapter 21 - Wendy Runaway With Me

Start from the beginning

"Go get Timara," he said playfully against my lips.

<><><><><>

Walking in the streets of Vegas in the middle of the night with two drunk friends was probably a bad idea. Tate was holding his left arm with a pout on his face while Timara had her arm slung around my shoulder as she laughed for a reason that was foreign to us.

"Who cut me?" Tate whined as he stared at his arm.

Alec grabbed his friend by his right arm. "Keep walking, Tate."

I released a groan and looked around. The placed wasn't exactly dead. In fact it was so alive. The only problem was that we cannot find a taxi.

"That's a tattoo, dummy," Timara slurred at Tate.

Tate's eyes widen in excitement. "Is it a dick tattoo?"

I couldn't help but laugh. At the movement, I spared a glance at Alec who had a smile on his face as he looked at me.

"Can we call my driver?" Timara groaned.

Alec and I snapped away from our little cliche gaze at each other and looked at Timara.

"You have a driver?" Alec hissed.

She giggled at that like it was amusing. "Dummiesssss!"

Her hand made its way to her pocket and pulled out her sleek black phone. "Hey, Frankie. Come and fetch us at- um- um."

She looked around with a confused look on her face. "Where are we?"

Alec rolled his eyes. "Aztec Avenue."

Timara repeated what Alec said and hung up with a drunken smile on her face. "Dummies. I'm taking a sleep here."

She took off her arm from my shoulder and sat on the floor.

"Ti, stand up," I said.

She shook her head at me and placed her index finger against her lips. "Shh. Tate's sleeping."

I looked at where Alec and Tate stood but only saw Alec standing up with a defeated look on his face.

"Looks like Tate got his drinking buddy," he said with a smile.

That smile was all it took for me to melt. Alec was never a bad boy or a player. He had always been a boy next door to me. He was that kind of boy who would ask your parents if he can date you. He would bring you flowers on a date and make you breakfast in the morning. He would skip school just to take care of you when you're sick or if he can't skip school, he'll take down notes for you and get your homework. That bad boy/ player Alec that Gilbert boarding school knew was far from the Alec that I knew. And for some odd reason, the smile on his face made me realize that he was still the same Alec I once knew.

<><><><><>

A black Escaled came into view after a few minutes. Those minutes of waiting for Timara's driver and as our friends made a fool of themselves, Alec and I remained seated on the ground with no words said. A man wearing a business suit came out of the car.

"Miss Grace?" he asked.

I pointed at where Timara laid. "Here.You're Frankie, right?"

He sighed but walked towards us. "It's actually Evan, Miss Adams."

Didn't Timara call him Frankie? He must have seen the confusion on my face. He offered a small smile.

"Miss Grace calls me Frankie for no reason."