Chapter 3- Mistakes

I pulled away as I heard a knock on the double doors. "Joseph, we're after a criminal, you're supposed to just kick open the door." That voice, I've heard it somewhere. The doors were opened violently. Three men held up their guns, pointed to Ruvik. "Step away from her, 'Ruben'." The man who had spoken wore a vest with a tie. There was another man who was shorter with glasses that had a similar outfit. The third man had on a police uniform. I gulped as Ruvik gripped my hand tight. "I am not leaving her." The taller man in a vest shot Ruvik, but it didn't affect Ruv. "How?.." I shook free of Ruvik's grip. I ran out of the room but the police officer grabbed my arm. "Please, stay here. Detective Castellanos, get Ruben. Detective Oda, come with me." Castellanos nodded and walked closer to Ruvik. Oda walked towards me. I frowned and looked at the two men in utter fear. "What's going on?" The police officer grabbed my hand and walked me to the bedroom. Detective Oda followed us. The officer sat me down on the bed. The detective sat in a chair, facing me. The cop sat next to me. "My name is Officer Oscar Connelly. This is Detective Joseph Oda." Joseph waved at me and smiled in a very friendly manner. "What's going on?" Connelly sighed and looked at me with a sympathetic look. "Did you not know what Ruben, or as he calls himself, Ruvik, has done?" I felt my eyes fill with tears. "No... Why? What did he do?" Connelly looked at Joseph. "Ruben has been taking patients from Beacon Mental Hospital to perform inhumane experiments on them. We think he's also the one who has killed his own parents, and he set it up to make it look like it was just a car accident." I began to sob. "Are you telling me... that I've fallen for a murderer?" Connelly nodded with a frown. "Yes... I'm so sorry." I cried harder and hugged Connelly tight. He was surprised but he hugged me back. "How could I be so clueless?" Connelly made me look him in the eyes. "He's very good at making himself seem innocent. It's not your fault." Connelly rubbed my back. "We are the only good humans left. We need to work together to defeat Ruvik. He's obviously extremely powerful." I nodded. "A-Alright.."
We all heard a scream come from the room where Detective Castellanos and Ruvik were.
"Let's go." I said and ran to the room with Connelly and Joseph.

'What have I done?'

-

Authors Note:

Sorry if this chapter is complete crap, I'm a bit stressed about finals. And just in case you're wondering, the main character (the girl) is a college student, so it's totally okay that Ruvik and her kissed. Just thought I'd get that out there. There is more information about the main character in the prologue. PS, I want you guys to have a part in this story. What do you think should happen next? Leave a comment, and I'll reply. I might consider what you comment, I might put your suggestion in, or I may not even consider doing what you commented, but I'd only do that if it isn't something I'd write or if it's not something that really fits into the story. I really want to hear what you all have to say.
PPS, I'm also working on a story that is mainly about The Keeper, or as some people call him, Boxhead. He's my favourite boss in the entire game. Well, him and Ruvik. I can't choose from the two of them.
Last but not least, another chapter will be up either tomorrow or Friday.