Chapter 7: Lone Survivor

Start from the beginning

Girl: "A-Are you really one of the heroes? You don't have a weapon"

Y/n: "I am. I ain't the traditional one but I can assure you I am"

Girl: ".. Why didn't you arrive in time?"

Y/n: "I'll be upfront with you. I'm not one of those beloved heroes you probably heard from. I'm hated by everyone. Me and old Shieldy got framed for something we never did. You don't want to trust me, I'll leave that for you to decide"

I turn around and was about to take off before I felt someone pull on my hand.

Girl: "I'm sorry!! Forgive me!! Don't leave us alone!!"

I look down at the girl as she pleaded me to not leave her.

Y/n: ".. Fine. You're gonna need clothes. You too"

I look a the large man. How the hell am I going to do that?! I carry the little girl onto my arms as I begin to walk over towards Naofumi.

Y/n: "What's your name?"

Illya: "Illyasviel or you could simply call me Illya. He's Berserker"

Y/n: "What are you two doing out here?"

Illya: "I was getting attacked by those beast wolves when I hid under that tree you were looking at. I barely survived because Berserker beat them up"

Y/n: "Good.. what about your parents?"

Illya: "I don't really have parents. I was created to resemble a goddess"

Y/n: "So you're like a homunculus?"

Illya: "Yep. Sadly, my body isn't that ready. My body is frail and too weak"

Y/n: "What goddess exactly were you meant to look like?"

Illya: "I don't know, but apparently I am a spitting image of her"

We finally get to the village as I see my party had regrouped.

Naofumi: "Y/n you're- The hell?!"

Y/n: "Stop. She's with her"

Red walked over to us as Illya looked at her curiously.

Illya: "Can I touch your ears?"

Red: "Huh?!"

Y/n: "No. Naofumi, we need to get to Melromarc. Apparently the girl doesn't have parents or family"

Naofumi: "Nobody at all?"

Illya: "No"

She rests her head on my chest as Naofumi sighs and scratches his head.

Naofumi: "I'd prefer leaving that shit place but seeing as we can't bring her with us, I guess we can travel back"

Y/n: "We need to report what happened here too. We'll rest up at a hotel or something after we drop her off"

Illya: "Drop me off? Where?"

Y/n: "At an orphanage or something"

Illya: "But I don't wanna go there!! Take me with you!! Please, I'll do anything!!"

Y/n: "Relax. They'll take care of you. Where I'm heading off to it'll get dangerous so you're better off- Hey, what are you doing?!"

She began to pull on my hoodie while trying to get inside my armor.

Illya: "If I am inside here, I won't be hurt right?! You'll barely even realize I'm here"

Y/n: "What's wrong with you?! Stop doing that and get out!!"