"Lisa-ssi," She heard his voice calling from inside the car, following her along the side of the street.

"Leave me alone," Lisa groaned loudly, refusing to face the ignorant jerk.

"Please...I – I'm sorry. Please get in,"

Does he think she won't make it home alive by just walking? That apology needs to be more convincing –

The car stopped and he got out, chasing behind her. "I'm sorry! Please...I'm really sorry for saying all those things back there. I was just...I was in a shock. And I was worried. Your plan – as thoughtful as they were – was quite dangerous for you. You could've been hurt – that's all I meant. I didn't..."

She stops walking and turns to the huffing guy. His nervous state is back and she had to force the threatening smile from showing.

"I didn't mean it that way...of course my life is no better than anyone's – I just...the thought of you getting hurt while trying to make sure I got out of it safely is just...it's just ridiculous! No one should risk their lives for me –"

"But your bodyguard should?"

"I mean...I pay him to do it and he's good at it so I trust that he'll be fine,"

Lisa gapes at him.

"He was an ex-army! He has license for his weapons and he knows damn well on how to use it – that's all I'm saying, I swear!!" He held his hands up and backs away a few steps, as if he's scared that she might jump at him next!

Stop being so fucking cute, it's not fair!!

"Please...I'm really sorry. I know it came out wrongly and I'm really thankful for your thoughts – I honestly do! It was just...I should've been more sensitive so I'm sorry,"

He dipped his head a little and a hand went to the back of his hair, ruffling them a little. 

...

Jungkook takes a few deep breaths to calm his nerves before stepping back into the car. It became apparent to him that the night has proven itself to be more challenging than anything he had ever encountered, and there was a brief moment when he questioned if he should keep going.

He could just drive away. Go back to the comfort of his routine – to where he has everything under control. But of course, he wouldn't. Just admit it!

It was partly his fault for being in this situation anyways. She's so beautiful and distracting, and he's just so weak. He made that decision to follow her around and ended up wanting to send her back, just so he'd have more time to spend with her. It wasn't her fault for needing to buy ramyeon and kimchi in the middle of nowhere – no...it's Bambam's fault.

If only he had provided a good, solid dinner – then Lisa wouldn't be left hungry. They wouldn't end up here and they wouldn't have to deal with such life-or-death matter. She won't have to worry and think about saving Jungkook, and Jungkook wouldn't have to be a jerk over it.

But she's right – that boy would probably have to be scared alone, hoping for someone to come to his rescue. If it wasn't because of meeting Lisa, Jungkook probably won't even pay attention to tomorrow's small section in the news about a robbery at a local, out-of-nowhere convenient store. No...he'll probably jump straight into the business section, as he always has.

The thing that caught him off-guard was the fact that she had asked him to run. He thought she asked him to jump on the guy and it would make sense why she'd ask him to do it. He hadn't thought at all if it was her who planned on doing it. And just as she said it, his manly ego felt beaten and bruised.