Chapter 21: Make Up Your Mind

Cree had just turned three months and he looked more and more like Daniel everyday. Cori and Daniel haven't been getting along to well, but they still managed to take care of their child. Cori was washing dishes again when she accidentally dropped a plate. Glass shattered everywhere. And Cree started crying of course. She tried to clean the glass up, but Cree kept screaming. Daniel just sat there on his phone!. She popped Cree's pacifier in his mouth and raced over to daniel.

"Daniel!" She yelled slapping his phone from his hands.

"Why'd you just do that?!" He yelled back getting in her face.

"I broke glass in the kitchen, Cree started screaming crying and you sat here and acted like you didn't hear him?!" She yelled.

Daniel was irritated. The two argued back and forth for a good 15 minutes until the baby started crying again. Cori picked him up and held him close. She was highly upset with Daniel. He knew damn well that his childish little boy games weren't over. He had gotten her pregnant knowing he wasn't ready to raise a child, when he was still one himself.

* 30 Minutes Later *

Daniel went in the bedroom and seen Cori crying and Cree sleeping. He sat down next to her on the bed and put his arm around her shoulder.

* Daniel's POV *

"Cori..I love you.. And you know that. And I love my son okay? Please stop crying and talk to me, please" his voice was soft yet serious.

Cori wiped her tears away and brushed her hair from her face.

"Daniel I know you love me... I just think you could at least try.. To love Cree a little more & pay him more attention. That's your son.. And you treat him like he doesn't exist." She cried. Daniel's face grew red as he rubbed his hands.

"Bae look.. I'm sorry. I really am! Yeah that's my son, I love him, and I swear, I swear I'll start being the best father to him. Trust me" he preached. Cori looked at him and spoke once more.

"Get out of your child ways. Grow up. You can't raise a child when you still act like one... Its time to make up your mind.." She stated.

She walked out of the room and into the kitchen. She didn't feel like slaving over that hot stove tonight, so she decided to order her and Daniel's favorite ; wingstop. When the food came, her and Daniel chilled together and watched a movie. They were surprised that Cree was still asleep. After awhile, Daniel heard Cree coughing so he went to check on him. He leaned over the crib and looked at him. He was smiling and waving his hands. Daniel smiled back and touched his forehead. He had a little fever. He picked his son up and walked into the kitchen to get his medicine. He gave him two squirts of medicine and fed him. He laid Cree across his chest and said "I'll treat you better.. I promise" he whispered. 

*3 Weeks Later*

Cori had got a job at Target so she worked 4 days a week from 9am-5pm. As much as she missed Cree and Daniel while she was working, she knew it would help Daniel get closer to him.