🌲{-Chapter 5- Not a Great Outlook-}🌲

(Clothes for the day

(Clothes for the day. Also again my art no stealing P.S- Ignore the black below and above aaa)

__________________________

"Spicy stories, spicy life." B)

__________________________

Your POV

I woke up and got dressed in the clothes for my long trip, grabbing my bags and heading towards the dock I sighed. 'After I give them my things I will go quickly to Nightmare and bid him farewell. As if that will be easy' I frowned in doubt at my thoughts, trying to shake them off and have a more positive outlook. I went through the forest on the path that led to the docks, and I came across the small boat that would take me on my way. I arrived and gave my bags supposedly to the 'captain' of this small boat. I told him that I would be back very soon and just needed to say goodbye to a friend. He nodded and said that he understood the importance of saying goodbye and how painful it is to leave a loved one for quite a while.

I hurried back through the path and this time towards the town. Running as fast as my feet could take me I ignored the glares and snickers of the townsfolk. I then quickly approached the tree of feelings. "Nightmare are you up there?" I spoke loudly, trying to catch my breath. "Am and always will be. Is something wrong?" I could see his purple eyes gazing at my form from up above in the thick branches rich with green leaves. "Could you come down please? This is very urgent!" I rushed trying to say what needed to be said before I was to leave. "Oh of course!" He hopped down, dusted off his purple coat, and walked towards me "Now, (Y/n), what's wrong?" He came up and looked down at me tenderly. "I-I–" My eyes started to well up with tears as I looked up at the skeleton I know and love. "I-I'm leaving on a long trip. For a few months at the least." I lowered my head and continued "This was not how I wished to say goodbye at all. I wanted more time to tell you but- I was afraid of leaving you. I'm afraid this is rather urgent business that my parents were supposed to attend once every few years but as you know they aren't here."

Tears slowly fell down my cheeks, creating a cold sensation. "I wish to say goodbye but I do not now how." I looked at Nightmare expecting him to be enraged. He did not look mad but rather shocked, he seemed to have processed the news and he looked frantic. "Wait! Now!? No you can't it's too soon! I didn't even tell you that I lo-" "Nightmare!" I grabbed his face, making him stop mid sentence. "I-I'm truly sorry but... I need to go, it's only for a few months." I smiled, trying to reassure him. "I know you may not wish for me to leave but I have to. I will be back before you know it. And then you and I can bake something together as a celebration." He looked deeply into my (E/c) eyes, bent down, and pulled me into a hug, burying his face in the crook of my neck he whispered. "There won't be a day that goes by that I won't think of you. And until you come back I will count the days." He sighed deeply, holding me tighter. "You had better come back alright?" I smiled and laughed "Of course you silly bonehead. I will count the days as well."