🌲{-Chapter 13- Nothing of Conscience-}🌲

Thanks for sticking up to now :))

Also I've been on a small vacation for my birthday hence the hiatus✨ sorry for keeping you waiting!

(Cringe warning ⚠️😳)
___________________________

"If I had a penny for every time I regret drawing something, I would have a cottage in the middle of a forest on my own island."

___________________________

Your POV

My eyes shot open, only, no sunlight shown. But, I tensed up after remembering the dream I just witnessed. Of course it wasn't quite a dream but rather an encounter with someone who has come back to make my life hell. I sighed and was about to reach up to rub my face and temples, but I noticed a gooey lump on the bed. Looking up I was met with a cyan eye and you know what I did? I calmly asked Nightmare what he was doing in my bed– No I did the only thing logical-

"OH MY GO—"

I jumped out of my skin and off the side of the bed as well.

Yeah not a soft landing

Falling off with a 'Oof!' I took the blanket with me down to the ground. I groaned and sat up. Hearing laughing and pulling the blanket off my body I peeked out of the ruffles and sent a glare to the idiot on my bed. "N-Nightmare! What are you doing in my bed?!" I yelled out and he shuffled over to the side of the bed looking down at me. "Just wanted to cuddle~ You're not mad at me for that are you?" Nightmare put on one of the most fake puppy eyes in history that it just hurt to even look at. I was about to scold him until I remembered something. Jumping on the bed and letting the blanket fall, I yanked his left arm towards me, and pulling up his sleeve I saw the scar. My eyes widened, seeing it in reality is quite different from a dream- Nightmare yanked his arm back and his eye became wide "H-How do you know of that scar..." His voice quavered and he was shaking slightly. I now looked up at him and tears prickled my eyes. "I-I— I can't explain but I saw some of your memories in a dream. I saw the things they did to you when you were younger and– and I-I—" Nightmare hugged me as my voice gave in, now the tears poured out in grievance for the times Nightmare was abused or hurt.

"I'm sorry you had to see such pathetic memories. I was weak and stupid–" "Do not!—" I cried out as I looked up at Nightmare, "Do not speak that way towards yourself! You are more than I could ever ask for. And I cry because I wish I was there to help you in your time of need." Despite the tears flowing down my face I slightly smiled and reached up to cup his face. "If anybody pathetic, I feel that should be me..." I tried to show him a smile but it came broken. Now it was his turn to hold me tightly, "We both may be broken, but that only means we fix each other in return. Now, no more tears yes?" Nightmare wiped the remaining tears on my cheeks and smiled. I smiled back and nodded, with small hiccups here and there. "Yes..." "That's my girl," He then sighed and chuckled softly, "You know, I'm so used to negative feelings and being negative myself. But these, I can't bare. It hurts me to know you hurt." Nightmare began to run his phalanges through my hair and I smiled with pity. "Well then how about we make each other feel positive?" I giggled and shuffled closer to Nightmare and gave him a hug, rubbing circles on his back to bring him comfort. He chuckled and bent down to move me onto his lap as he laid against the pillows of my bed. Oh yeah- my bed... "Happier?" I leaned into his warmth, but not physically, just his aura had warmth of course. "100%" He smiled and closed his eye to enjoy my physical and emotional warmth in return.

"Great, then let's discuss what you were doing beside me in my bed in the what- like the middle of the night? Pretty sure it's about that time..." I mumbled the last sentence as I looked up at him, raising a brow as well. "Wait! We both just had an emotional moment and you ruined it! Now I'm 50% less happier than before-" Nightmare's dramatic decrease of happiness made no affect on me as I sat there in his arms crossing my own. "Really Nightmare? I want an answer and I will get one." I frowned as he frowned as well, then he gave in. "Fine," he huffed, "I wanted to be with you and since you said no I figured I would be beside you through the night and when you would wake up I would leave before you knew I was there." Nightmare averted eye contact and leaned against the pillows again. "Honestly-" I mumbled under my breath, "Why couldn't you be alone for a night?" I questioned him and he brought his attention back to me. "You've been gone for 2 years and those, so far, have been the worst years of my life," He huffed and held me closer protectively, then put his head in the crook of my neck. "I missed you-" he mumbled out weakly. I sighed and laughed softly, "I suppose that is reason enough. Fine you win but only for tonight will I let this go without hesitation." I quietly stroked Nightmare's skull and took his crown off, setting it softly aside on the nightstand by the bed. I got out of his grasp and moved the comforter up and slid underneath it. Patting the side next to me Nightmare grinned and slid underneath the comforter as well. Scooting closer to him, he wrapped his large arms around me and pulled my back to his chest, spooning me as the big spoon, he then nuzzled his face in my shoulder and I could feel him smile. I did as well and intertwined my hand in his and fell asleep as he did so too.