Chapter 36

"Where are we going, daddy?"

I looked at her in the passenger seat and smiled. "To our new house." I saw her nod and sip on her strawberry smoothie again. "Masarap ba?"

She lifted the smoothie she was holding and shook it. "Yes, daddy. I love it!"

I feel proud of myself, she likes the smoothie I've made. An achievement again!

Minutes after, I parked the car in front of a big house. I got out of the car and moved to the other side to open the door so that she could get out as well. Kinarga ko siya at binuksan ang gate ng bahay.

"Wow! House natin 'to, daddy?" she exclaimed.

I nod and kiss her cheeks, "Yep. Do you want to see your room?"

She gasped as her eyes widened, "Can I?"

"Of course."

I was about to step up to the stairs when I saw mommy with wide eyes, looking at us, in the living room. I looked down at Keniya as she tilted her head and curiously looked at mom as well.

"Who is she, daddy?" bulong niya.

I stopped my laughter and also whispered back, "My mom. Say hi to her and introduce yourself."

Binaba ko siya na agad namang pumunta sa direksyon ni mommy.

"Hi po! I'm Keniya May Quervas! Daddy and mommy's daughter!" she reached for my mom's hand at nagmano.

"Anak, you're a Marquez now, remember?" I reminded her.

She giggled, "Sorry, daddy."

Mommy looked up at me before screaming loudly, "Gregorio!"

Shocked, my daughter ran towards me and hugged my leg. "Is she mad, daddy?"

I chuckled and tapped her head. My forehead furrowed as daddy entered the living room with Margo and Rio.

"¿Qué? ¿Por qué estás gritando?" What? Why are you shouting?

Mommy jumped like a child and pointed at us, "May apo na ako, Gregorio! Nai-intindihan mo ba 'yon? May apo na ako!"

The three of them turned to us.

"Ay hala! Kuya, anak mo?"

I just nodded.

"Tito Rio! How are you po?"

Rio walked towards us and pinched my daughter's nose, "I'm good. Ikaw? Kumusta ang magkaroon ng daddy?"

"I'm so happy, Tito! Daddy spoils me in everything!"

Rio raised an eyebrow at me, "Hindi ka pinapagalitan ni Riya?"

"Palagi nga e." umingos ako.

He laughs and shook his head, "Kawawa ka naman."

"Alam mo ang tungkol dito, Rio?"

We stopped and both looked at their direction. Rio nodded hesitantly.

"Yes, mom. Kaya palaging wala si kuya sa kompanya ay nasa bahay siya nila Riya."

Margo approaches my daughter with a smile on her face, "Hi. I'm your Tita Margo, your daddy's little sister."

"Hi din po. I'm Keniya May Quervas–" she glanced up at me. "Marquez." itinaas niya ang mga kamay. "Daddy, carry..." nang makarga ay bumulong siya sa tainga ko. "Tito Haze and Tito Vince told me to request a resort to lolo, daddy."