Chapter 2: Looking For a "Dangerous And Risky" Person

Start from the beginning

For some reason, Shun had gotten the feeling it was looking at him, but instead it was looking at the knight who was determined to destroy it. It was definitely a wonderful picture. However, Shun would never put up something like it in his own bedroom. Maybe if it was a beautiful, heart-warming flower garden or even a painting of a cat he would. 

He didn't want to look at it anymore, so he hugged his pillow and lay back down, facing away from it.

Nevertheless.

What if I waited for the heroine to show up?

The world seemed to have been inspired by medieval and early, modern Europe, based on the character's clothing and the architecture. That's good. Shun had always been a fan of fantasy worlds with swords and magic.

At this time, Shun rolled onto his back and picked up the dagger he had strapped to his waist and raised it in front of him. The sheath, which was only about thirty centimetres tall, was probably made of brass. It was embossed with a metal that looked silver, and it felt unexpectedly solid in his hands.

The design was embellished with both precious stones and magical stones in the handle and shaped like a butterfly, the symbol of the country, that was spreading its wings. Underneath it was engraved the number, twenty-one. 

He had been reborn as the twenty-first prince. That's right. He wasn't the third, nor fifth, but the twenty-first one, who was never expected to ascend the throne at all, unless all the top twenty people died due to some catastrophe!!

There were twenty concubines, not including the Queen, in this country, where Alan, a bloodthirsty king, reined. The lustful king was evenly devoted to each of his wives, all of whom were normally out of touch and busy attending to their respective duties.

As a result, there were twenty-one princes and ten princesses.

There were so many princes, such as Theodore, the first prince, who led the First Royal Knight Corps at the tender age of thirty, and Arista, the fourth prince, who was a master of earth magic and had made distinguished military service in the demon suppression operations. Every single one of the princes were considered manly and brave.

As the black sheep among them, the twenty-first prince was an asthma sufferer, commonly described as "sickly", "weak", or as a "thin and beautiful boy". Moreover, he has been reincarnated as Shun, both inside and out, so the "handsome boy" setting has been lost. Shun could, at least, appreciate that he wasn't sickly or weak as he had been described.

In other words, the twenty-first prince, Shun, had now become a healthy, young man with no power or major characteristics. I know that he has no kingly charisma; he is a virgin; and he is a mob character, but even the twelfth prince would have been better than this guy. With a groan, Shun buried his face in a pillow as thick as an old, cathode-ray tube television set and rolled around the bed with his arms wrapped around himself.

Some people would have a spectacular life in their first lives, like Bill Gates or Justin Heaver. Why is it that he can't make any progress even on the second time?

Virtue? Are you saying he didn't have enough virtue?

"But, at least, he's a royal... not all bad..." a muffled voice rose from inside his fragrant pillow after a while.

That's right!

In his previous life, he was a mediocre commoner, so this is much better than that. As he remembered the lavish breakfast he had eaten that morning, took note of the size of the bed he was rolling around in, and the comfort of the sheets, his mood gradually began to rise. Plus, he was pretty sure the twenty-first prince's route was an idyllic, mellow happy ending with enough money to buy a house in the peaceful countryside and live happily ever after with the heroine.