Chapter 14: Hello, Strife

*Sam's POV*

        I pulled in and grabbed the food to bring inside. I walked in the front door, food in hand. "Here comes Super Sam to the rescue with food." I called into the food, pretending I was a superhero. 

        I could tell they were having a moment. "Are you hungry or can I eat all this by myself?" I asked, jokingly. "You better not touch my burger Uncle Sammy. I'll make you sleep outside." Joanna threatened playfully. Or she was serious. I just laughed a little. "Okay, Joanna. Take your burger before I eat it. "I said, giving her a burger from the bag. 

        "And the fries." She demanded, holding her free hand out. I handed one thing of fries to her. It still amazes me how she's so much like Dean. I shook my head and handed out food to everyone else, but left some for myself because I was starving. 

        "Thanks Uncle Sammy, it's really good."Joanna complimented while taking a big bite of her burger. "You're welcome.. I just noticed your still in your pajamas. I didn't know if you went to bed this early, so I just let you get some food first." I explained. She fixed her eyes on her food and stayed silent as she ate it.

        Okay then. "Thanks, Sammy. " Dean and Anna said in unison. They laughed at each other for a moment and then Dean wrapped his arm around her.

        "So. Joanna starts her new school tomorrow. Are you excited baby girl?" Anna asked her. "Not really, but yeah." Joanna replied. "What do you mean not really?" I prompted. "I would rather be at school with Jeremiah, but I'm okay where I'm at right now." Joanna replied. Aw. She misses her best friend. That's sweet. 

        We finished all our food and I put the trash in the trash dispenser. I checked the time. It was 9:45 pm. I'm a little tired, so I guess I'll go to bed now. "I'm gonna go to sleep now. Night everyone."  I said. Going upstairs to get a blanket and pillow for myself. 

*Dean's POV*

        "Night Sammy." I called out as he was walking up the steps. Joanna and Anna chimed in too. "I'm tired too, Daddy. Can you and Mommy put me to bed?" Joanna asked, looking at me with her candy apple green eyes. 

        I looked at Anna for confirmation. She nodded. "Okay. Let's go."  I said. She took me and Anna by the and and led us upstairs. "I need a pillow and blanket." Joanna stated. I let go of her hand. "I'll get it for you." I said, going to get her what she needed.

        Anna and I made sure that Joanna was very comfortable before she fell asleep. We told her a bedtime story and kissed her cheeks. "Good night, Princess." I whispered as I tucked her in. We said our good nights. 

        Anna and I went into the room we were napping in earlier. "Are you tired yet?" I asked. "Nope. We just slept for so long. Maybe we can find something to do until we're ready to sleep." Anna replied, smiling. I'm not sure what that meant. 

        Suddenly, Anna sprinted into the bathroom. I heard the retching. Is she sick? I head the toilet flush and the sink being in use. Then she opened the door. "Are you okay?" I asked, concern filling my voice. "I don't know. I never get sick like that. I'm not sure I can even take Joanna to school tomorrow." She explained. I feel bad for her. 

        "Do you want to go get some tea? I can drive you." I replied, with my vision fixed on her pale face. She nodded, sounding a "mmhmm". I grabbed her hand and intertwined our fingers. "Let's go." I said.

        We walked down the steps and I grabbed my keys. She had her head on my shoulder as we walked out of the front door quietly. I opened her door for her and kissed her forehead after she sat down. I closed it and jogged over to the driver's side of the Impala and got in.