Chapter 13- Wonders

Clarke Griffen:

All is silent except for the sound of leaves crunching underneath the feet of those around us. The trees sway in one direction and the clouds slowly move with them. It makes me wonder if I will ever live to see this again. All of these colors, smells and sights could be gone in the blink of an eye. It also makes me wonder about the remaining people on the ARC. Will they ever live to see this? Or will we be the only ones left to sprout outa new generation...

"Clarke." I hear a voice behind me say. The voice belonged to Ali. "I wanted to know if now was a good time to talk about dad." It really isn't. Besides, do I really want the people carrying her to get evolved with my personal life?

"Not right now. Wait until we stop." She nods her head politely and I walk away since I don't really want to be around her before our feelings are poured out. I walk faster until I get towards the front of the group, to stand next to Bellamy.

"I knew that you couldn't stand not being next to me for a couple of hours." He says, smirking.

"Actually I don't feel like being around people I like."

"Really, because I thought that today, in the drop-ship-" I quickly cut him off.

"Don't push it." I can feel him smiling at me as I stare ahead. Don't get me wrong, I'm not in love with Bellamy Blake. (Or at least that's what I think...) Bellamy stops at a beautiful river with a little waterfall at a drop.

"Let's stop here." He yells at the camp. People start to take off their packs and go to get sips of water from the chilly lake. "Take out your blankets and get ready to sleep here. Jasper and Monty, get the firewood." Everyone is sprawled out in different places across the river. Some even decide to jump in. Everyone seems to enjoy themselves. Everyone but Ali. She lays on the stretcher with no one around her to keep her company. I walk down to the river, cup a giant leaf in my hands, full it with water and graciously help Ali take small sips.

"Thank you." She says out of breath. I sit next to her.

"What about that story you promised me, about you and dad?"

"Oh right. When I floated myself, I could feel the life being sucked out of me. I decide if I was going to die, I want to die looking at earth. So I turned my head and saw that the ARC was closer than usual. I pushed that button and was sucked straight into space. But it sucked me out with such force, I was flicked right into earths atmosphere. I can remember falling down with such speed, that I promise, I was on fire until I hit water. I caused me to be paralyzed for several months, maybe even years. I washed to shore and the grounders took me. They beat the answers out of me. It wasn't until two years later that the mountain men saved me. They took me in and cared for me. They treated me from my injuries. Then one day, I found dad there too. I never really asked much questions about how he got down to earth, but I remember him telling me, that the mountain men were using our blood for some type of cure. At first I thought it wasn't bad, I mean we were helping people. It wasn't until he told me that I realized that's they were taking to much blood and that it would eventually kill us." Ali told me how dad had helped her escape but that the grounders had captured her and brought her to the wall. She never knew why though. I'm glad they did. I know why no one told me. They wanted to protect me from putting myself in danger. It could have hurt me on the inside and then I could hurt myself on the outside. I gave her a hug. She hesitated at first, but than she wrapped her arms around me too.

"I'm so sorry. I should have believed you." I could feel a single tear, sliding down my cheek. She stroke my head gently.

"I love you, Clarke." I small laugh comes out of my mouth.

"I love you too."

Bellamy Blake:

The cold water tickles my feet. Honestly, I don't understand how some of those people can withstand the temperature and go swimming. I guess that they are just trying to impress.

"Hey." Clarke sits beside me and dips her feet into the water too. Her eyelashes flutter and her eyes sparkle.

"Hey, princess." She looks at my with confusion.

"Move always wondered, why do you call me that?" She says.

"Because on the ARC, you were on of the privileged. And also you have the looks of one." Her eyes seem to cut into mine.

"You know, I don't really see it as being privileged. If I had a choice, I would have rather chosen a life more like yours." I crease my eyebrow. She got to own and do more things than anyone else. Why would she rather have had a different life? "It's hard to look as people who didn't have as much as me and know that I can't really do anything about it. I usually tried to give things away, but I would get caught and get in trouble." Now I understand. "But thanks about the looks of a princess part." She says.

"Oh no, I didn't mean it like that!" She just laughs and I join her. It feels so nice just to let go of war and be with those you love. The only people I love here are Octavia and Clarke. I love Ali too, but not in the way you think. Octavia is my sister and I feel the need to protect her from everything. Clarke...I don't know how I love her...but I feel just as protective of her than Octavia. I never thought that I could love someone like I love my sister.

That night, everyone was snug in their blankets, trying to get as much rest as possible. I shut my eyes, trying so hard to fall asleep, but I can't. Then, I open my eyes to the unfolding of Mother Nature's wonders. Leaves and other plants are glowing a beautiful blue. It shines off of people's skin and seems to bounce in every direction. I snap of a twig breaks my trance and I see Clarke, hovering over a leaf. I walk over to her and lay my hand on her back. She turns to face me.

"It's so magnificent, isn't it." She whispers. I look at her, a smile that seems to cover her entire face.

"It is." I still have my eyes on her as she stands up to face me. Her smile disappears and we meet eye to eye.

"We better get some sleep. We have a truce to form in the morning." I slowly nod, not taking my eyes off of her. Her beauty shine and the light gives her in impossible glow. She get on her tippy toes and plants a kiss on my cheek. "See you in the morning." She turns and leaves me, with heat radiating through the place where she kissed me.