Chapter 14- Blood and Tears

Clarke Griffen:

We march on the next morning, weapons locked and loaded. If this truce doesn't go well, we are all dead anyway. I stand next to Bellamy. Sweat covers his head and neck. It may be because he's nervous, or it could be because of the heat. Maybe it's both. Mother Nature doesn't seem to make up her mind, because one moment it's freezing cold, the next it's steaming hot.

"Stop!" I here a voice in front of us. There's tens, no hundreds, scratch that thousands of grounders surrounding our group. I raise up and aim my gun at one of the grounder's head.

"Hold your fire." Anya. She forces herself past the warriors and walks up to Bellamy and I, not caring if we held our weapons to her head. "Why are you in our land? You ran away and now you come back?!? You imposters!" She smacks my face leaving in awful sting. Bellamy gets ready to strangle her and claw her eyes out, but I hold out my hand to stop him. He takes my hand in his, not letting go.

"We came here to ask about the mountain men and we want to form a truce." Her face contorts and the grounders laugh.

"You really think that we want to make a truce with sky people?" She grins an evil grin.

"Cute nickname." Bellamy spits.

"Thanks, but no. We neither want to tell you about mountain man garbage or form a truce with you. You've started a war that you can not win. Putting you on the battle field is like throwing trees into a wildfire." There is a awkward silence as she looks around at the different teenagers. I stare into her dark eyes. What could have possibly happened to turn her into the evil woman that she is? Her eyes meet mine, catching me staring at her in curiosity. "Kill them all."

Bellamy Blake:

We are start to randomly fire, bullets and knives flying through the air. But they attack as well, and stronger. Both grounders and people of the ARC fall to the ground dead or seriously injured. Princess runs to our people on the ground, shaking her head, knowing that there is nothing that she can do to save them. I suddenly remember Ali and how we made the right decision to keep her up in a tree about a mile away from here.

"Bellamy!" I turn back around to Octavia. Everything seems to go in slow motion from there on out. I see a spear, slowly going strait through the bottom of her left lung. She falls on the ground, wheezing. Rage and vengeance boils in me, I could lose her and it would be these idiotic, self-indulgent, blood thirsty grounders fault. I go faster now, killing more. Soon, there is triple the number of dead grounders and the rest flee, scared. I run to Octavia's side, who is gasping for air, only hanging on by a thread. She touches my cheek.

"CLARKE!!!" I yell, as I sit in a puddle of Octavia's blood, bawling. "No, no, no, Octavia no!"

"It's okay big brother." She grins. I wipe away a tear that trickles down her cheek. "Everyone loses someone they love unexpectedly. Unfortunately, your day is today." She chuckles and I laugh but go back to crying just as quick. Clarke comes up and examines her wound. "So doc?" Clarke's cheeks wet with tears also. She slowly shakes her head and buries her fragile head into my shoulder.

"No." I say under my breath as Octavia's grasp to my hand lightens and falls. She breathes her last breath.