Chapter 8

Estella sighed “Ok, but you aren’t going to like some of it.”

“Why some of it?”

“Well get there when the time is right.”

“Ok.”

“So I am going to start when I first met Chase. Ok?”

“Got cha.” I said “Wait, can I first ask you a question?”

“Sure. What it is?” She replies

“Were you close to Chase?” I ask. She hesitated before answering.

“Yes. At a point Chase and I were really close, but I need to tell you the story before I tell you anything else.”

“Ok. Proceed.”

“Ok. Well first there is a little thing I need to tell you about me. Now this is important to the story.”

“And that is?”

“Well, I am technically not from this time period.”

“What do you mean?”

“I can’t age.”

“What!? How?” I asked. I am surprised I didn’t know that.

“Lower you voice or your mom will get suspicious!” Estella whisper/yelled at me.

“Okay, okay. Geez. So why can you do this?”

“When I was born, a witch cursed me because of my parents so that when they grew old I would still be young. I stopped ageing at the age of sixteen. My parent were very jealous people, they didn’t like anyone.”

“Ohhhhh. So that’s why your parents weren’t around when we were doing our project.”

“Yeah. That curse was put on me back in the 1800’s, and it hasn’t been broken yet. Siobhan has tried but this witch’s magic is way too powerful.”

“Wow.”

“Yeah, but it’s not as all it’s cracked up to be.”

“Why?”

“Because while I get to not die. Everyone I care about will, and there is nothing I can do about it. It’s awful. Would you like to watch everyone you love and care about die?”

“No, I wouldn’t.”

“Yeah, that’s how I feel. Before my parents died, I ran away from home. I didn’t want to see them suffer so I left. While I was walking around the forest I met Siobhan and I’ve been with her ever since.”

“If that’s true. How is Siobhan still alive?”

“She casted a magic spell on herself so she ages really slowly, but eventually she will die as well.” Tears started to form in her eyes.

“Wow, I’m sorry Estella.”

“No it’s ok. I am used to it.” She wipes the tears away. “So back to the story. Years later I was walking around the woods and I found a boy around my age maybe a little older or a little younger. He had black hair, his clothes were torn and covered in mud. He was also crying.

‘Hello.’ I said. The boy looked at me and went to the nearest tree and grabbed a stick

‘Who are you?’ he said pointing the stick at me.

‘A friend, I am not going to hurt you.’ I told him.

‘How do I know that?’ he asked not taking down the stick.

‘You’ll just have to trust me.’ I replied

‘What if I don’t trust you?’  The bot asked in a mean tone.