Keeping secrets wouldn't do us any good.

I do not want to keep any more secrets.

He's Ashriel. Hindi na siya ibang tao sa akin.

"I met Railey when I was six years old, he was seven." panimula ko.

"He owns the guitar that I always bring with me. His mom gave it to me when he died..."

This is the first time that I talked about this without having to cry.

Pakiramdam ko ay naubos na ang mga luha sa puntong ito kaya wala na akong naiiyak. Kahit ganoon, nararamdaman ko pa rin ang kirot sa puso ko.

Ashriel glanced at me when I paused. Nginitian ko lang siya.

It's okay. I'm okay, baby.

"He showed me the beautiful feeling of being loved at a very young age. We grew up together and our worlds revolved around each other. Alam mo 'yun? Akala ko siya lang na 'yung buong mundo. We had no idea that the world is vast."

"But it was enough. It was enough for me." tumatango-tango ako habang sinasabi iyon. I really was fine with being just the two of us back then.

"I was so contented with it that I wasn't happy with the idea of Railey finding happiness in another. Nasanay kasi ako na kami lang palagi."

Ashriel's mouth opened slightly and breathed heavily. It seemed like he was about to say something but chose not to.

"I was selfish. Akala ko umiikot sa akin ang mundo niya. I was terribly wrong to think that."

Ang mahinang makina lang ng sasakyan ang tanging tunog na maririnig sa bawat titigil akong magsalita.

I already imagined what Airaleigh could have told him when I ran off.

"What they told you is probably true. I was the reason why Railey was out and about that late at night. Sana, hindi ko nalang siya pinapunta... O kaya sana hindi ko nalang siya inaway para hindi ko siya pinaalis sa bahay."

Nagsalita na si Ashriel, "It's not your fault."

"Still... I can't help but think of what could have beens."

Binitawan niya ang manibela at ipinatong ang kamay niya sa kamay ko.

"Stop romanticizing the what could have beens, Lyrica. It will only leave you with regrets and continuous questions of what ifs for the rest of your life."

His thumb is gently caressing the back of my hand. "I'll try..."

He snapped his fingers and clicked his tongue, "Sabi nga ni Harry Potter, it does not do well to dwell on dreams and forget to live." proud niyang sinabi.

I couldn't help but laugh, "Dumbledore said that."

"It's the thought that counts!" nakakunot pa ang noo niya na para bang na-offend siya na tinama ko siya. He's too cute.

"I'm proud of you." biglaang niyang sambit sa gitna ng katahimikan. I looked at him with questioning eyes.

"You did so well to keep on living for the past two years. It's too bad that I wasn't there the whole time. But still, I'm sure that you've grown and you are not the same person as you deem yourself to be."

I nodded. The past two years have been hard. "Nandito ka na ngayon..." hindi ko namalayan na sinabi ko.

"Damn. Wala bang katapusan 'tong highway na 'to? I want to park and hug you." sabi niya na may ngisi sa labi.

"Mahiya ka nga sa mga sinasabi mo, Ashriel!" I scolded him but he just laughed.

Hindi nagtagal ay bumagal na ang takbo ng sasakyan at natatanaw ko ang isang malaking bahay na nasa tuktok ng isang cliff.