Rescue

The seas were calm as a caravel-like ship sails through the evening. The ship was huge with a goat figurehead. In the kitchen the crew lounge and ate dinner, four men and one woman. The woman was writing away in a journal, two men eating dinner across the table from her. One man with dark hair and shades watching them and other a green haired swordsman resting on the ground.

"Let this be a lesson to you." Nami spoke in a scolding tone to Johnny as well to her own idiot companions. Zoro yawned, still tired from his nap. "Yeah, this is the kind of trouble you ran into when you choose a life of the sea."

"Which means when we're at sea, we really gotta think about how we can get the right amount of nutrients with very little food." 

The man with a long nose Usopp spoke, Nami agreeing to his words. "It's absolutely necessary that someone on the ship knows how to do that." 

A boy with a straw hat took a bite of his dinner, enjoying his meal. Rather focusing on stuffing his face instead of the discussion before him. "It's necessary?"

He took another bite before it hit him like a ton of bricks. "Right! Ship's need a cook!" This got his crew attention as he stood up. "Let's go find us a cook!" He spoke excitedly as if he solved the world's biggest mystery. Usopp agreed with his captain's words. "I'm in! Good idea, we'll have yummy food even while we're out at sea."

Luffy smiled hugely at the thought. "That's right! You got it! Ha ha!" His cheerfulness spread to his crew, lighting up their own joy.

"A҉A҉a҉i҉i҉i҉i҉e҉e҉e҉!!!!"

The crew freeze hearing that shrill cry, they never had heard such a noise before. 

"A҉A҉a҉i҉i҉i҉i҉e҉e҉e҉!!!!"

There it goes again, the ear splitting cry cut through the calm sea breaking the silence, adding more eeriness. The noise actually frightened them, it made their hearts race and even for the bravest ones in their crew they, for a moment, were terrified. 

It made their souls fill with ᴘᴀɴɪᴄ.

Nami was the first to speak up. "What the hell is that?!" She was shaking with fright, the cry terrified her. Usopp was also shaking with fright with his face turning blue. "I don't know! What kind of thing makes such a scream?!" 

Zoro stood up holding his swords, even on his face he was unease. "Hell like I know, I never heard such a sound before on my travels." Johnny nodded agreeing. "Yeah me neither." 

Luffy was unusually quiet before he went out to the deck to check the noise. Not only was he curious, he wanted to see if it was a threat to his friends. 

Even the cry made his heart race with panic. 

His friends followed behind him calling out to him, yet he didn't answer. He looked over the railing to see if he could see the source of panic, his crew a bit worried for his usual silence. Luffy couldn't find anything and was going to let it go until another sound reached his ears.

"H҉e҉l҉p҉ ҉m҉e҉!҉ "

He looked over the railing after hearing now it was a person crying out for help. The cry was still a high pitched shrill but now sounded urgent. His crew hearing it as well, were shocked it was someone making those cries. They also ran to the railing but since it was evening they didn't have much of a light to see. Luffy was determined to help that person out, he just couldn't see. 

"Usopp, try using your goggles to find them."

Usopp jumped hearing his name but was shaking. "M-me? Come on Luffy you seriously want to find them? What if they're some beast that wants to eat us? It could be a siren luring us to a trap!"