VI. ADVENTURE AWAITS

Start from the beginning

Anna shrugged her shoulders and softly added, "Maybe they are having a tea party?"

Edmund's lips curled at Anna's comment.

Then there the annoying protest of Eustace and slight thump against the stone and an 'ouch' as Anna turned to see that he had fallen over after refusing the help of Reepicheep.

"And you're certain he is related by blood?" Caspian asked the two Pevensie children which caused them to share a look. It made Anna wonder if it was sibling intuition.

Seagulls called and suddenly the bell tower echoed and Anna drew the dagger tucked within her scabbard belt and glancing around nervously —— it appeared everyone had done the same. It riddled her with relief, she wasn't very good at all this yet.

"Reepicheep," Caspian called lowering his crossbow and turning towards his friend, "Stay here with Drinain's men and secure the place. We'll head on. If we don't come back by dawn, send a party."

As Anna nimbly followed after Caspian, Lucy and Edmund on the rough stone raised path, she glanced at Reepicheep who sent her a warm smile and a reassuring nod.

"Yes your majesty," Was all the mouse concluded before bounding off the ledge and back towards the dock.

As they wandered the path, with their weapon's raised, Anna noticed how deserted it was with Eustace thundering around and peering into buildings.

Anna watched the boy dust of his pants and bound quickly towards four of them but then halted halfway like some sacred little puppy pointing enthusiastically to the way they had come in, "Yeah, it looks like nobody is in so I think we should head back."

Edmund stepped forwards and proposed, "Do you want to come here and guard something?"

"Ah, yes," Eustace agreed jogging towards the group as Anna shared a look with Lucy, "Good idea cousin. Very, um, logical."

Anna stepped up to join the Kings and Queen towards the long, strangely engraved door whilst Caspian stepped towards the boy, offering him his dagger that Eustace clearly was uncomfortable with.

"I've got it. I've got it," The boy assured which caused Anna to crack a smile whilst the others gave him strange looks as they pushed the door open to enter, "Don't worry."

Anna found herself at Caspian's side before he leaned over into her ear and whispered softly, "Stay close."

She nodded and smiled in her own way of agreeing with his words and rising her borrowed sword slightly when Caspian raised his crossbow and Edmund ignited his torch.

Aside from the lethe sounds of their feet against the floorboards and the slight creaking of the tower the room seemed empty aside from a small tone mounted table in its centre.

As Anna peered behind Lucy's shoulder, she noticed a book with strikes that horizontally over the names scrawled across its pages.

"Who are all these people?" Lucy wondered aloud, brimming to the surface of what they all seemed to wonder off.

"Why have they been crossed out?" Edmund added holding his torch a little higher over the scrawled names.

Anna nodded along for speaking her mind, her fingers trailing gently over the crossed-out names and numbers, "Maybe it's some sort of fee, perhaps? See all these numbers beside their names? It seems logical."

Caspian looked in her direction and from Anna's judgement it seemed that he agreed when he spoke solemnly, "Slave traders."

A bell stokes numerous times, ringing through the air and Anna could hear cries of men as they all swiftly made their way down ropes and onto the floor. Anna raised her sword as her attacker lurched forwards, hitting their own sword so hard against hers it was nearly knocked from her grasp and caused her to stumble backwards slightly.